The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
13 13

680 posts in this topic

813 posts
On 7/10/2016 at 4:59 PM, thethedew said:

Also actively looking for PAGE ONE from MICRONAUTS # 9 :

j7DwDp2.jpg

An unusual circumstance where I happen to own the original pencils for the Color Overlays (posted below) but don't know where the original page art is at. Would dearly love to re-unite them with their parent page.

BQkFjDN.jpg

:bump:

443 posts
On 10/23/2019 at 4:18 AM, Zaddick said:

Did a Google search and came across this 1951 Betty and Veronica #246 Dan DeCarlo cover. It's not on CAF anymore, asked Bill Cox who said it may have been a Ebay listing.

Very interested in tracking it down.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Zaddick

senbach@hotmail.com

thumbnail_Screen shot 2019-10-13 at 8.28.41 PM.png

Hi Zaddick

Not sure if this is still relevant but it looks like this Archie cover was sold by Comic Connect in Feb 2017.

Cheers

Joseph

373 posts
Posted (edited)

uu

Edited by Kwan Chang

813 posts
On 5/3/2020 at 5:05 PM, thethedew said:

:bump:

Micronauts 11 pg 06 (IMAGE 2003) LAST PAGE NEEDED!! REWARD CHANGED FOR 2020!!!

iCGN7b9c_0102190309331sbpi.jpg

Hello all:

I know I have posted about this page, even recently, but I'm changing the REWARD OFFER for the rest of this year, so it seemed worthy to post again.

I am still casting about, looking for - PAGE 6 - from the Image Comics version of - MICRONAUTS, issue 11 -, published 2003.

It is the LAST page I need to complete the interiors.  I have been looking for it for over a decade.

The artists were STEVE KURTH (penciller) and BARBARA SCHULZ (inker)

DETAILS on possible location / History:

- Neither artist has any particular recollection of the page's disposition. 
- This suggests to me that the page was sold or donated early on, 2004-2005 or so.
- Both artists are based in the Midwest, so the major cities to which they may have traveled in that timeframe would mostly likely include Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, Des Moines, Minneapolis/StPaul.  Or thereabouts.  But so much time has passed, the page could conceivably be anywhere.
- Other members of the 2003 Production Team have been canvassed, and they do not have the page.
- When sold in 2004/2005, this page would have likely been well under $100.

DETAILS about my REWARD OFFERS:
(Yes, I said 'offers' in the plural)

- I have maintained an offer of ONE THOUSAND frakking DOLLARS for this minor page.  It still stands.

I have two further offers that I will make available until the END OF 2020 ONLY.

- $500 Finder's Fee to anyone who can direct me to the holder of said page.
- IN ADDITION, a further $1,000 will be DONATED to the local Food Shelf of choice of said Finder.

If the owner simply comes forward, all three offers will accrue together.  Until the end of 2020 ONLY.

So, anybody know any closeted MICRONAUTS collectors?  (I KNOW there are some out there!)  
It might do a bit of good to touch base with them and ask them to go through their stuff.  
Or encourage them to contact me directly.

I'm just trying to get this particular monkey off my back.

Some have suggested to me that the page may actually have been lost or destroyed.  Holding out hope still that this is not the case.

An image of the page in question can be viewed above

Andrew

3,927 posts
On 4/30/2020 at 9:12 AM, Eltanin said:

Does anyone know where the cover to Usagi Yojimbo #139 is?
I'd be interested in purchasing it.

UY139.jpg

Did you ask Stan if he sold it? 

325 posts
3 hours ago, Tatterdamillion said:

The Question (1986-2010) Annual #1 - Comics by comiXology

Anyone?

David Mandel owns it.

212 posts
Posted (edited)

Anyone know who owns any of these pages from New Mutants 98? 

If so, please PM privately.

Thanks, 
Paul

BBCEFFF4-82BE-463D-861A-BFCF4949E33C.jpeg.d1938e686ec487cf6270ca01d6165018.jpeg4F0D80B4-6ED7-4B2B-BDDD-957E6621518A.jpeg.023d63619c597398323b3b9484e75c01.jpegDC51BF77-D5C5-4CF8-9DA7-C1EA85C9BA02.jpeg.f5feba70dfe4e4bb877981a7b8e83f04.jpeg

Edited by Infamouspure22

180 posts
18 hours ago, alxjhnsn said:

Did you ask Stan if he sold it? 

I did. It's been sold already, sadly.

404 posts
On 6/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, Tatterdamillion said:

The Question (1986-2010) Annual #1 - Comics by comiXology

Anyone?

23 hours ago, Shemp said:

David Mandel owns it.

Thanks. I do not know him. He has some baller stuff in his CAF gallery. This cover doesn't show though. Or am I missing it somehow. He obviously can have stuff not in his CAF Gallery I realize.

714 posts
Posted (edited)

Hello,

I am looking for this particular cover that Cadececomicart had for sale on their website, but unfortunately it was sold at a show prior and was not taken off the site. Would love to get the chance to make an offer to the owner.

Venom Cover 36 by Declan Shalvey

Any help is appreciated.

B2A0D3E3-5E1B-43FF-B0CD-3250A2FF0034.jpeg

Edited by wurstisart
Spelling

9 posts
Posted (edited)

Searching for Steven Hughes Lady Death cover art. 

Already covered online auction sites, comic art L and the dealers there.

Finders fee paid for any help.

If anyone knows of any hidden Lady Death cover art hit me up. Money in hand.

Thanks!

LD_wizard2.jpg

Edited by DaveCFPrez

28 posts

Looking for info on the whereabouts of this Lady Death: The Odyssey #3 cover art. PM me if you have information, finder's fee paid if I can be put in touch with the current owner.

RfFfD0xo_3005191730151gpadd (1).jpg

6 posts

More general than specific.  What is the best way to find more "esoteric" pages?  Covers and high $$ ones are obviously easier to track.  I'm starting to find pages that I find interesting that are probably resting in budget piles.  Thoughts?

124 posts
On 6/27/2020 at 12:04 AM, lanzajr26 said:

Looking for info on the whereabouts of this Lady Death: The Odyssey #3 cover art. PM me if you have information, finder's fee paid if I can be put in touch with the current owner.

RfFfD0xo_3005191730151gpadd (1).jpg

Lady Death went heavy on this Bumpits that issue.

Does-Bumpits-work.jpg

28 posts

Tossing another one out there. If anyone knows can point me towards this Frank Cho World of Warcraft piece I'd be eternally grateful. Finders fee paid of course.

1212970827_ChoWarcraftJenadora.jpg.4a5fcbe95d924562b0d037ff46c43def.jpg

10 posts
5 hours ago, lanzajr26 said:

Tossing another one out there. If anyone knows can point me towards this Frank Cho World of Warcraft piece I'd be eternally grateful. Finders fee paid of course.

1212970827_ChoWarcraftJenadora.jpg.4a5fcbe95d924562b0d037ff46c43def.jpg

You probably know that already, but this drawing was part of a french exposition featuring (and selling) Frank Cho drawings, which took place in May/June 2010.

https://www.galerie9art.fr/index.php?expo=113 (look at line 4, col 3)

It was sold at this occasion :

https://www.galerie9art.fr/index.php?expoitem=31627&nav=3

Probably the seller was the person who bought it initially to Frank Cho.

Nothing prove, however, that this drawing is still in France, or even in Europe.

28 posts
On 6/27/2020 at 11:30 AM, Heidjer Staecker said:

More general than specific.  What is the best way to find more "esoteric" pages?  Covers and high $$ ones are obviously easier to track.  I'm starting to find pages that I find interesting that are probably resting in budget piles.  Thoughts?

A lot of legwork/networking and an equal part luck.   Obviously, your chances vary from one piece to another, but generally I'd say your best bet is to start with folks who are interested in similar stuff.  That's to say that if someone has another page from the same book, try reaching out to them to see when/where/how they got it. 

I had a happy ending to what was an almost 9-year search for a rather obscure piece back at the beginning of the year, so sometimes all the work does pay off.