• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official "Does Anybody Know Where This Art Is?" Thread
10 10

785 posts in this topic

Say, a friend of a friend is looking for the Kaluta cover to The Shadow #1 from the 1973 series. I think I remember seeing this floating around. Anyone know where it landed?

Thanks.

Here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=139589&GSub=16591

Don't forget to claim your finders fee, Felix! :grin:

Say, a friend of a friend is looking for the Kaluta cover to The Shadow #1 from the 1973 series. I think I remember seeing this floating around. Anyone know where it landed?

Thanks.

Here:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=139589&GSub=16591

Don't forget to claim your finders fee, Felix! :grin:

lol

And add an extra 10% on top of that as a bonus for your expediency. (thumbs u

Since people on these boards seem quite knowledgeable, I have a general "where is it?" question. Does anyone know what is being done with the published OA (MArvel or DC) of Raphael Grampa? I've never seen a published piece of his up for sale. I contacted him through his blog, but received no response. I don't collect much current work, but do like pieces from artists I love (Lemire, Pope) and would love to add something from Grampa to my collection. My suspicion is that it isn't for sale, but thought maybe a board member would know exactly.

I like the idea for the thread. There are a few pieces I would not mind finding.

The only problem is I know there are people, who are probably reading this thread right now, who are taking notes of what everyone wants and will seek out the artwork and hold it hostage because they feel the person who wants it may do something irrational to get it.

I've also known people who sought out artwork on other people's want lists only to charge them some exorbitant fee for the contact information of the owner.

In a perfect world this is a great idea for a thread. If it weren't for the remoras firmly attached to the underbelly of comic art it would be even more enjoyable hobby.

This is true. I've got a friend that is holding a page I want hostage. He claims it is a favorite page of his also. He will sell it to me, but I'd have to pay 10 times what the artist could have gotten at a convention. It's rare that I "advertise" anything I really want. If I'm telling people what I want, I've pretty much given up on the search.

DG

Some "friend" you have there.

Sure he's a friend. He could refuse to sell it altogether. He's good at buying stuff cheap. I've got a stack of art that only cost me $5 a page. If publishers could get away with paying $5 a page, they be doing pretty good.

DG

How about the Captain America #332 cover?

I had a shot at it when if first came out for $75, but I didn't collect Mike's Cap art at the time, so I passed. I also passed on the complete Cap Annual #8 interior art around that time. I think it was $800. Those are some pieces I wish I had bought, but I didn't.

How about the Captain America #332 cover?

I had a shot at it when if first came out for $75, but I didn't collect Mike's Cap art at the time, so I passed. I also passed on the complete Cap Annual #8 interior art around that time. I think it was $800. Those are some pieces I wish I had bought, but I didn't.

That's the worst $1,000 you never spent! ;)