• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Sub coming up. Order 9.8 Back Issues!

34 posts in this topic

Okey doke...so as I've noted in the past, I've been doing 9.8 pre-screen subs for folks for a while now, and am putting together a new sub right now.

Are you tired of waiting years and years to get 9.8 slabs of books you'd like? Tired of waiting because the books aren't really worth the slabbing cost, so no one does it? I may have the solution!

I send pre-screen subs in every few months or so, and I can, for a small fee of course, possibly obtain those books that just aren't worth slabbing. Then, you'll have those 9.8 slabs that you've been wanting for years!

Now...granted, you can probably find these slabs for less. That is, after all, the reason the problem exists. People...eventually...might sell for less on eBay. But who knows when...or if....that will happen? I just pointed out an example of a common book that has had precisely three sales in 9.8...one in May of this year, and two more...in 2006.

Wanna keep waiting...? :shrug: ;)

So here's the nuts and bolts: the cost is *about* $50 per book $50 per book plus FMV (determine FMV using the method CGC uses.) Price, of course, is negotiable (emphasis on the "is".)

:whee:

More quantity results in discount. Obviously, a single copy of Blue Beetle #13 from 1987 isn't going to cost more than $50. The charge covers all shipping to and from CGC (but not shipping from me to you), as well as grading fees, and here's the best part: if it doesn't pass, YOU DON'T PAY!

That's right...if the book fails the pre-screen, which is ALWAYS a possibility, you don't pay the grading fee. You MIGHT be charged the reject fee, but this is from CGC, and it's only $5 (or less.) Much better to spend $5 on a reject than $25 on a slab in a grade you don't want. The deposit (which is the grading fee) you paid will be REFUNDED, and you won't be out anything except possibly the reject fee.

Can't get better than that!

ALSO: I offer a pressing service for any books you send in, as well as my own pre-screen. Pressing would be additional, but it would be competitive with other services. My success rate for BACK ISSUE 9.8s is nearly 100%, so I feel I've got a pretty decent handle on what will, and what won't, pass. Others can vouch for me.

So, if you don't have the time, or the training, or a combination thereof, to locate common books that are scarce in 9.8 slabs, let me know!

All books must be MODERN, 1980-up, and there's no guarantee that I'll be able to find you a copy....but with an extensive back issue inventory, and access to other inventories throughout SoCal, I can probably come up with what you need.

ANY book from 1980-up is eligible.

Also keep in mind that the process DOES take several months, which includes the few months the books will spend at CGC, so please be prepared for that.

If you're interested, hit me up with a "Can you get me these books in 9.8?" PM, and we'll go from there!

Also...

If you have your OWN books you'd like to sub, but don't have enough for the pre-screen min (50 books), I'd be happy to add yours to mine, and all you pay is the shipping and grading costs.

I can pre-screen AND press your subs if you'd like, too. Having another trained eye looking at your books helps to screen out books that would be obviously rejected (as happened with another boardie recently who had 6 books with flaws that would have been rejected that weren't pressable, that he didn't catch. Reject fees SAVED!)

This is a pretty effing sweet idea.

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #3.

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

I wasn't aware you did pressing. How long have you been doing it, and around how many have you done?

I've been pressing for a little over 2.5 years, and have pressed about 600-800 books.

All my subs have been self-pressed, with the exception of SS (cause I'm not allowed) since late 2009.

Hello!

Welcome to the "Comics Market - Forum Only Selling" board!

The moderators have asked everyone around here to help educate new comers about the posting rules for this forum so that we can keep things running smoothly. So whenever we see a new thread go up that's missing some of the information required by the rules, someone will generally happen along and post this reminder (by moderator request).

You can find the posting guidelines here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1460472&page=1#Post1460472

Specifically, you should check out #3.

They are well worth reading, because your posts can be removed from the boards if they don't conform to the guidelines. This will help you to attract more buyers as well, since this is how people expect to have books offered around here.

Thanks, and glad to have you here!

Wow, THANKS for posting the guidelines, Tranny! Thankfully, I'm in compliance!

PHEW!

threadcrapping. :cloud9:
With all due respect I used the approved mod template. I don't agree that you've listed this in the proper sub-forum. I wasn't alone as the notify button had already been slapped.

Wow, someone hitting the notify button on one of my posts...?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I TELL YOU!

I am offering a SERVICE PLUS an ITEM. It is not possible to put a price on this service, since it is dependent on the value of the particular book requested. Since I am offering a SERVICE PLUS an ITEM for Copper/Modern ONLY, it is in the appropriate sub-forum. What sub-forum, praytell, do you think it should be in?

Further, you don't list a clear price which is a requirement.

One more time...I am offering a SERVICE PLUS an ITEM. Since the service cost varies with the VALUE of the book (JUST LIKE CGC TIERS), then I cannot list a SPECIFIC price for a SPECIFIC book.

If the mods disagree and this is compliant with the sales forum rules, then by all means they can delete my posts. If so, I apologize in advance for threadcrapping.

That would be nice. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice.

Thank you for turning yet another of my sales threads into a clusterfrick. You should have found out BEFORE posting. Just hitting the notify button was sufficient.

(thumbs u

Plus, #1 says:

Books must be CGC or raw only, or items directly related to comics. [emphasis added]

I guess you're not aware that The CGC grades comic books, then...? It's a great service, they've been doing it for about a dozen years now.

If you're interested, you should check into it.

Unfortunately, this is a service that doesn't really "fit" into Sales Advertising, because I'm SELLING ACTUAL BOOKS...WHAT books are dependent on what the customer wants. It's not something that fits into a "niche", so I put it here.

Of course, instead of making a stink about it, you could have just let the mods do their jobs.

threadcrapping. :cloud9:
With all due respect I used the approved mod template. I don't agree that you've listed this in the proper sub-forum. I wasn't alone as the notify button had already been slapped.

Wow, someone hitting the notify button on one of my posts...?

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I TELL YOU!

I am offering a SERVICE PLUS an ITEM. It is not possible to put a price on this service, since it is dependent on the value of the particular book requested. Since I am offering a SERVICE PLUS an ITEM for Copper/Modern ONLY, it is in the appropriate sub-forum. What sub-forum, praytell, do you think it should be in?

Further, you don't list a clear price which is a requirement.

One more time...I am offering a SERVICE PLUS an ITEM. Since the service cost varies with the VALUE of the book (JUST LIKE CGC TIERS), then I cannot list a SPECIFIC price for a SPECIFIC book.

If the mods disagree and this is compliant with the sales forum rules, then by all means they can delete my posts. If so, I apologize in advance for threadcrapping.

That would be nice. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice.

Thank you for turning yet another of my sales threads into a clusterfrick. You should have found out BEFORE posting. Just hitting the notify button was sufficient.

(thumbs u

A word-filled RMA slice-and-dice post. :cloud9: