• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,107 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

First off. Wow these have all been amazing books with some equally amazing Signatures and sketches! I have looked and kept an eye out as well as followed this thread and other threads.  Anyone out there have or could help facilitate a Rob Van Winkle  " Vanilla Ice" TMNT CGC Signature Series?  Even if someone just has an image of one to share. hm

Go ninja!  Go ninja go!

5 hours ago, inthehottub said:

That is what I thought.  The signing I was at it was signature in black only.

A friend of mine got their autographs at a con last year and said they were only doing signatures then too - no quotes.  Although I think they were a little more lenient on the ink color.  

2 hours ago, Jaraven7 said:

Quick question

So say i've got this comic I want to get signed and I no I need a cgc rep to see the signing at a convention, does the Rep open the casing and then reseals the casing or do I have to risk degrading the book by taking it out myself and then sending it in a broken slab?

CGC Witness cracks open book, witnesses signature, then the book is sent to CGC in a bag and board for regrading and you get the yellow label. Facilitators will do this for you too for an extra fee but it is worth it if you can't attend a convention. There is no guarantee that the original grade will stay, it is part of the fun though. 

Edited by cgcsketcherz

14 hours ago, cgcsketcherz said:

CGC Witness cracks open book, witnesses signature, then the book is sent to CGC in a bag and board for regrading and you get the yellow label. Facilitators will do this for you too for an extra fee but it is worth it if you can't attend a convention. There is no guarantee that the original grade will stay, it is part of the fun though. 

:whatthe: If the grade goes down that is fun!?!  Ha ha - I call that a nightmare!  :(

5 hours ago, DELTA 62 said:

:whatthe: If the grade goes down that is fun!?!  Ha ha - I call that a nightmare!  :(

Oh it is a nightmare. But, most of my non sketch covers usually drop so I try to stay positive and look at it as a game. Only had 4 out of 5 drop....one dropped AFTER it got pressed too.... 

Edited by cgcsketcherz

3 hours ago, Ehabsamuel said:

So did you win the Pacino/Bauer Scarface 9.8 for $1600? 

I have a Pacino certified by the other company done at the time of this signing and it’s a photo cover so skipped on that one 

8 hours ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Oh it is a nightmare. But, most of my non sketch covers usually drop so I try to stay positive and look at it as a game. Only had 4 out of 5 drop....one dropped AFTER it got pressed too.... 

That's the risk we run right...

Just added a couple nice sigs... :cloud9:

s-l1600.jpg

Tatiana Maslany  (Thankfully the newton rings look much worse in the pic then they actually are.)

s-l1600.jpg

Simon Pegg