• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,095 posts in this topic

So I have an interesting one:

TMNT #1 - 2nd print signed by Eastman and Laird on the front cover........and the original TMNT voice cast on the back

Saw one sell for $4000 on the boards and just had no idea the book had blown up that much.  I paid $150 for this raw about 4 years ago and collected the sigs myself

20200904_175846.thumb.jpg.30e7ce4553b6c62c5f6982aea50854b2.jpg

20200904_175857.thumb.jpg.069036d86dc3f0471ed934d53cc336fd.jpg

6 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

So I have an interesting one:

TMNT #1 - 2nd print signed by Eastman and Laird on the front cover........and the original TMNT voice cast on the back

Saw one sell for $4000 on the boards and just had no idea the book had blown up that much.  I paid $150 for this raw about 4 years ago and collected the sigs myself

20200904_175846.thumb.jpg.30e7ce4553b6c62c5f6982aea50854b2.jpg

20200904_175857.thumb.jpg.069036d86dc3f0471ed934d53cc336fd.jpg

Surprised it didn't get a green/yellow hybrid label. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the Eastman and Laird signatures/sketches weren't witnessed? Still an EPIC piece none the less. 

19 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Surprised it didn't get a green/yellow hybrid label. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the Eastman and Laird signatures/sketches weren't witnessed? Still an EPIC piece none the less. 

You're right, they weren't witnessed.  Somehow I got lucky and it slipped through and got a regular yellow label when I submitted it for the voice actors.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:31 PM, Nic8612 said:

You're right, they weren't witnessed.  Somehow I got lucky and it slipped through and got a regular yellow label when I submitted it for the voice actors.

No, this is labelled correctly. The signatures are not recognized on the label and the grade (5.0) allows for the markings on the cover. A higher grade would have given you the green/yellow label. Awesome book though!

Edited by Ron C.

12 minutes ago, Ron C. said:

No, this is labelled correctly. The signatures are not recognized on the label and the grade (5.0) allows for the markings on the cover. A higher grade would have given you the green/yellow label. Awesome book though!

Thanks!

And that's interesting. I didn't know that they did that. I've always thought it looked better than a 5.0, so that makes a lot of sense. Either way, not overly concerned as I never plan to sell it. Just wanted it preserved with a nice way to display both sides  :)

57 minutes ago, Nic8612 said:

Thanks!

And that's interesting. I didn't know that they did that. I've always thought it looked better than a 5.0, so that makes a lot of sense. Either way, not overly concerned as I never plan to sell it. Just wanted it preserved with a nice way to display both sides  :)

I learned something new today! I agree about preserving. There are some smaller conventions that are strictly celebrities in my area (well when things are normal) and usually only JSA is available. I have a book currently JSA authentic that one day I'll be adding the final batch to get the hybrid label. 

21 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

He did for this one, I was given permission by the guild....and was not going to have him sign anything without his face. 

Well, all right then. Sounds like it was all above board. But I am shocked how much he looks like the Red Viper of Dorn!