• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,110 posts in this topic

On 4/7/2020 at 5:05 PM, cgcsketcherz said:

Power Ranger Grail

Thanks x 4 to @Par2ch and thanks to @Rich_Henn x 1.

Slowly trying to get entire remaining first/second season cast.

Currently.....

Steve Lydic sketch of green ranger.

Signed....

Steve Cardenas 2nd red ranger

David Yost 1st blue ranger

Amy Jo Johnson pink ranger

Karen ashley 2nd yellow ranger

Walter Jones original black  ranger 

Jason David Frank green/white ranger

Terence Henry producer

Richard Horvitz alpha 5

Still needs Zordon, Bulk, Skull, Austin st. John, and some villains.

20200407_165255.jpg

15862933801328868800162131285834.jpg

Update, now has Zordon David Fielding and The other Red Ranger Austin St. John. Still staid 9.6

20210111_174411.jpg

20210111_174433.jpg

20 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Update, now has Zordon David Fielding and The other Red Ranger Austin St. John. Still staid 9.6

20210111_174411.jpg

20210111_174433.jpg

Wow that's sweet! Front and back! Man the sketches are nice too! :x

3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wow that's sweet! Front and back! Man the sketches are nice too! :x

Thank you, it is my most signed book with eleven. Ten from the first two season cast and Lydic's remark. I'm happy they haven't had to shorten names to just last names..... I must not be working hard enough yet. 

Need Bulk, Skull, and Rita still. 

5 minutes ago, cgcsketcherz said:

Thank you, it is my most signed book with eleven. Ten from the first two season cast and Lydic's remark. I'm happy they haven't had to shorten names to just last names..... I must not be working hard enough yet. 

Need Bulk, Skull, and Rita still. 

That's awesome and I remember those three characters too, would be nice to see them, and I agree, last names not only on the covers front and back but the label lol

You've been working double time fo sho! I cant fathom the cost to crack and resub!

9.6! Rock ON! :headbang:

So with getting the above book back I have some mixed feelings that have been bubbling about SS for a little bit...wanted to see what other people think.

To preference things I have some OCD when it comes to quality, imperfections, and wasting time/money.

I think I am going to stop sending in my own books for SS. I will only be buying books already done, or ones where I can pay for a 9.8. I have gotten much better deals on eBay for books that are already done, and I can see signature quality, placement, and grade. Even if the day is not great, I think I would rather pay up for a book already done that I can see. I have been collecting POPs recently and I have started getting some signed ones (Beckett or JSA certified) and I like those a lot. I can acquire these for much less and make me equally as happy. I feel like I am wasting my money with SS. I don't purchase to sell, but my fandom changes and I have thinned out stuff from time to time and books that I HAD done I have usually lost money on. One thing that is also hard for me are the increasing fees. The above book I paid a total of $167 in various fees, while the autograph tickets cost $160....and that is getting the book submitted just once. I also purchased maybe 10 copies of that book and kept the best one so there was the money I put into that, then to have it shipped to the faciliataor...so the total costs not counting the signing fees was probably more like $200. I do get how it works and I know I am paying people to go to signings for me, and submit for me and such....but to me it is not worth it if there is a chance the book I get back will bother me in some way.

I don't know If that was a rant, or not, but just how I feel at the moment. I would love to hear other people's thoughts!! It has been slow around here anyways!

On 1/23/2021 at 12:24 PM, nriccijr said:

So with getting the above book back I have some mixed feelings that have been bubbling about SS for a little bit...wanted to see what other people think.

To preference things I have some OCD when it comes to quality, imperfections, and wasting time/money.

I think I am going to stop sending in my own books for SS. I will only be buying books already done, or ones where I can pay for a 9.8. I have gotten much better deals on eBay for books that are already done, and I can see signature quality, placement, and grade. Even if the day is not great, I think I would rather pay up for a book already done that I can see. I have been collecting POPs recently and I have started getting some signed ones (Beckett or JSA certified) and I like those a lot. I can acquire these for much less and make me equally as happy. I feel like I am wasting my money with SS. I don't purchase to sell, but my fandom changes and I have thinned out stuff from time to time and books that I HAD done I have usually lost money on. One thing that is also hard for me are the increasing fees. The above book I paid a total of $167 in various fees, while the autograph tickets cost $160....and that is getting the book submitted just once. I also purchased maybe 10 copies of that book and kept the best one so there was the money I put into that, then to have it shipped to the faciliataor...so the total costs not counting the signing fees was probably more like $200. I do get how it works and I know I am paying people to go to signings for me, and submit for me and such....but to me it is not worth it if there is a chance the book I get back will bother me in some way.

I don't know If that was a rant, or not, but just how I feel at the moment. I would love to hear other people's thoughts!! It has been slow around here anyways!

I get what your saying . My OCD stops with celebrity books.  Due to the prices like you said with getting a book done and not getting a 9.8 it hurts.  So I can go to eBay etc get a Lower grade book signed for below cost. I will be happy with that. I also believe when time to sell people will buy the signature not the book. I know OCD 9.8 is a problem that is just how I deal with it

Edited by fatlab123

On 1/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, nriccijr said:

If it's the grade you aren't happy about, you can't let that bother you when it comes to SS books because the yellow label makes it a qualified grade.  So you have to not worry about whatever grade you may get and focus on is it worth the price of the signatures to me that I will be getting back.  Unless you have plans of selling it down the line then its a different story.  But if not, forget the grade and be happy you got a book signed by 3 celebs.

1 hour ago, nriccijr said:

I was thinking of making a vinyl 9.8 decal to put on my non-9.8 slabs just so everything looks uniform lol

I wish CGC would just have an authentication service and you could chose to have it graded or not.

I agree with that .they do that with pictures or single pages etc 

On 12/30/2020 at 1:16 AM, DELTA 62 said:

Cowabunga!  Signed by original cartoon series cast (with of course a signature and sketch by Kevin Eastman):

- Cam Clarke - Leonardo

- Townsend Coleman - Michelangelo

- Barry Gordan - Donatello

- Rob Paulsen - Raphael

TMNT - 1.JPG

This is awesome. I love the color coordinated signatures and the green for Eastman

On 1/23/2021 at 3:24 PM, nriccijr said:

In regards to the quality of these Cobra Kai books in particular; I bought ~40 and they were all in pretty rough shape. No matter how good photos looked online they still came in with marks on the spine or color breaking spine ticks. Even the copies I special ordered through my LCS came in VF+ condition. I'm not sure if it's a reoccurring problem with IDW comics, but I've personally always had bad luck with most Star Trek books that are saddle stitched as well.

Definitely feels bad when your book comes back at a grade you aren't happy with though.

16 minutes ago, DELTA 62 said:

So... who's left!?!

Vin diesel and Bradley Cooper is about it. I don’t see Bradley cooper signing. I know there is a few Bradley coopers out there but I don’t see him sitting down and signing a ton of books for money