• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
22 22

4,095 posts in this topic

32 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I think you meant in case anyone is living under a rock?  Normally it is "what were you born in a barn?" because you left the door open.  :preach:

$225 signing fee for small items.  Guess he needs to pay for protection since he killed our Queen?

I know.....I mix up sayings / bad jokes on purpose to be funny.....or not funny

Seems like the standard rate these days for show and movie leads. I'll pay it once in case he never does it again.

Wasn’t Emilia Clarke cheaper than that? I wouldn’t think his would be that much more valuable than hers. I really doubt this will be his only appearance. He loves GoT and I suspect he’ll want to stick around in the scene for awhile, even once a year. Who knows. Is the price dictated by the celeb and his/her management or the convention? 

10 hours ago, Cman429 said:

Michael J Fox was $175 for small items at Megacon. No offense to GOT fans but Jon Snow costing more than Marty McFly just don’t seem right ???

I would guess that Mc Fly isn’t as popular with the convention crowds as the bast ard is. GOT just ended and is more popular at the moment.  Micheal J Fox is a bigger celebrity to older people but not to the younger crowd.

Edited by Catwomancomics

On 6/18/2019 at 4:48 PM, John91C said:

Just got this in and it has to go back...came damaged while in shipping.  Highest graded in either blue or yellow label!

NthEzQQh.jpg

Congrats on this! I spent way too much time looking for a decent copy.

Mine came back a hybrid label... really don't know how I missed a page being cut. :/
IMG_20190620_184456.thumb.jpg.94f4612b97fb7186cdf08d72ee61cf7d.jpg

Edited by austinhg
Fixed formatting

On 6/29/2019 at 10:01 AM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Wasn’t Emilia Clarke cheaper than that? I wouldn’t think his would be that much more valuable than hers. I really doubt this will be his only appearance. He loves GoT and I suspect he’ll want to stick around in the scene for awhile, even once a year. Who knows. Is the price dictated by the celeb and his/her management or the convention? 

No...after taxes and fees Clarke was $225 so she was $250 even on comics after a $25 facilitator fee.

They have a guarantee. The guarantee is dictacted by the celebs and their management. Then they work with the convention to determine an appropriate price for photo ops and autographs...they base this on stuff like other guest's costs, average attendees they anticipate, how many people they can get through the photo op and autograph lines per hour etc. If the convention doesn't sell enough to hit the guarantee, they have to pony up the rest and pay the celeb the different. If they sell more it depends on the contract. It could all go to the celeb, it could be a split, or if they just paid a flat "appearance fee" the extra would go to the show.

2 hours ago, Kevlar said:

No...after taxes and fees Clarke was $225 so she was $250 even on comics after a $25 facilitator fee.

They have a guarantee. The guarantee is dictacted by the celebs and their management. Then they work with the convention to determine an appropriate price for photo ops and autographs...they base this on stuff like other guest's costs, average attendees they anticipate, how many people they can get through the photo op and autograph lines per hour etc. If the convention doesn't sell enough to hit the guarantee, they have to pony up the rest and pay the celeb the different. If they sell more it depends on the contract. It could all go to the celeb, it could be a split, or if they just paid a flat "appearance fee" the extra would go to the show.

Thanks for the info. I would pay that for Emilia, but not Keet. 

On 6/29/2019 at 11:39 AM, Catwomancomics said:

I would guess that Mc Fly isn’t as popular with the convention crowds as the bast ard is. GOT just ended and is more popular at the moment.  Micheal J Fox is a bigger celebrity to older people but not to the younger crowd.

My oldest nephew would see Michael J. Fox ten times over before Kit Harrington. For him, Back to the Future is his original Star Wars trilogy, to give a frame of reference. Please know that's anecdotal and not meant as evidence to dispute your claim. 

Plus, you have to factor in that because of progression of his Parkinson's, Fox may not be able to do signatures at some point coming, so whatever he's charging now is still a bargain, despite the aging of the BTTF franchise.  

My collecting philosophy is if you see something you really want, and you can afford it, just get it. I have paid up many times for things and never regret it. If I end up selling it and lose some $ then oh well...it brought me enjoyment. When it comes to SS, you never know....something could happen to said person or they could never do a con again. I had 3 books I was waiting on for Carie Fisher....idk why i waited but I did. Yes I agree the price is a little high for Harrington but I've wanted him for a long time and can afford him so no real problem. If it was Stallone for $600 then that's too rich for my blood, but maybe not others and theres nothing wrong with paying that if they really want him.

2 hours ago, celluloidbuff said:

My oldest nephew would see Michael J. Fox ten times over before Kit Harrington. For him, Back to the Future is his original Star Wars trilogy, to give a frame of reference. Please know that's anecdotal and not meant as evidence to dispute your claim. 

Plus, you have to factor in that because of progression of his Parkinson's, Fox may not be able to do signatures at some point coming, so whatever he's charging now is still a bargain, despite the aging of the BTTF franchise.  

I totally get it. For me, MJ FOX is the bigger attraction. I grew up watching Family Ties and his movies.  I was simply trying to offer an explanation as to why Harrington was more expensive. If Emilia Clarke can get $200 plus a sig, then Kit’s going to be asking the same.

4 hours ago, Catwomancomics said:

I totally get it. For me, MJ FOX is the bigger attraction. I grew up watching Family Ties and his movies.  I was simply trying to offer an explanation as to why Harrington was more expensive. If Emilia Clarke can get $200 plus a sig, then Kit’s going to be asking the same.

You got that right and guaranteed that is what management was looking at.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:05 PM, Grib said:

I just got back a bunch of fantastic Jae Lee Celebrity signed books. All the art was done at Big Apple con earlier this year.

IMG_2989.jpg

IMG_2995.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_2983.JPG

Those are badass brother. Congrats.

On 7/1/2019 at 9:34 PM, austinhg said:

Congrats on this! I spent way too much time looking for a decent copy.

Mine came back a hybrid label... really don't know how I missed a page being cut. :/
IMG_20190620_184456.thumb.jpg.94f4612b97fb7186cdf08d72ee61cf7d.jpg

I bought mine off eBay. Never thought to have checked the pages...guess I lucked out!  I paid $33 for it back in March.  So far we're the only two with the people cover.  I also had a Baby Teeth #2 Rosemary's Baby homage cover signed as well.