Celebrity Signed Books
20 20

2,844 posts in this topic

83 posts

Question for the celeb SS fans: have you ever considered getting lobby cards signed? 

121 posts
On 9/2/2019 at 10:38 AM, Ehabsamuel said:

Question for the celeb SS fans: have you ever considered getting lobby cards signed? 

I was looking at getting a few for the John Travolta signing when he was announced for Fan Expo. (The only other slab-able thing I could find was older Entertainment Weekly and "Playgirl" magazines, and they didn't interest me.)

I didn't go through only because I was in the middle of a move - would have been a pain to get everything bought/prepped/shipped off in time.

Edited by austinhg
Forgot a word...

83 posts
11 hours ago, austinhg said:

I was looking at getting a few for the John Travolta signing when he was announced for Fan Expo. (The only other slab-able thing I could find was older Entertainment Weekly and "Playgirl" magazines, and they interest me.)

I didn't go through only because I was in the middle of a move - would have been a pain to get everything bought/prepped/shipped off in time.

Funny, I subbed a Punisher comic for Travolta. Nothing fancy, just anything by Bradstreet that looked cool and was a 9.8 blue label. I really liked the director’s cut of that film. It was like a throwback action film from the 80’s.

1,371 posts
13 minutes ago, Ehabsamuel said:

Funny, I subbed a Punisher comic for Travolta. Nothing fancy, just anything by Bradstreet that looked cool and was a 9.8 blue label. I really liked the director’s cut of that film. It was like a throwback action film from the 80’s.

That is what I subbed but I did a Punisher Blank

83 posts
Just now, ivdyer said:

That is what I subbed but I did a Punisher Blank

I usually try to find a comic that came out at the time of the film, but that’s just me.

1,371 posts
31 minutes ago, Ehabsamuel said:

I usually try to find a comic that came out at the time of the film, but that’s just me.

I am getting Ash do art later 

244 posts
On 9/2/2019 at 9:38 AM, Ehabsamuel said:

I've only had one lobby card signed, and that was at Alamo City. It was a Strange Brew shot featuring both Rick Moranis (signed at the show) and Dave Thomas (haven't caught up to him yet).

Moranis LOVED seeing a lobby card. He even had to explain to his assistant what a lobby card even was. He was very cool, very giving of his time (to the point where I felt self-conscious about the people lined up behind me). Unfortunately for me, I didn't get Signature Series CGC on it because the dealer had never dealt with them before and didn't have correct submission forms. No blame. I'm still happy. I have it in a UV protected frame at this time.

121 posts
2 hours ago, celluloidbuff said:

I've only had one lobby card signed, and that was at Alamo City. It was a Strange Brew shot featuring both Rick Moranis (signed at the show) and Dave Thomas (haven't caught up to him yet).

Moranis LOVED seeing a lobby card. He even had to explain to his assistant what a lobby card even was. He was very cool, very giving of his time (to the point where I felt self-conscious about the people lined up behind me). Unfortunately for me, I didn't get Signature Series CGC on it because the dealer had never dealt with them before and didn't have correct submission forms. No blame. I'm still happy. I have it in a UV protected frame at this time.

I love that the new submission forms have a box to check for lobby cards and photographs. (At least, they're new to me as of this year) A small addition, but definitely make situations like this easier to avoid.

1,994 posts
23 hours ago, pheonix103 said:

A Huge Thanks to Triston for getting this done for me. Sam Raimi

DSC_0144 (2).jpg

I love that cover, Tristan one of the best. 

Mario

363 posts
On 9/9/2019 at 2:49 PM, Mendi1769 said:

Some new books I just got back

thanks to dan @ one stop comic for these!!! He is amazing to work with!!

4D17B174-C28D-445E-8CA3-E7CAFFBEA2B7.jpeg

FABB5CA8-5AC0-451C-ACF4-9F83A02DAF1A.jpeg

8F46E5FB-2B6B-4233-80E7-8311F71553BB.jpeg

FE446824-F709-4065-85A2-E46498372718.jpeg

C0C473CC-34C4-40B7-8603-8285C780BE6C.jpeg

5DF3C8EE-7486-4738-9559-CA9247D657BF.jpeg

That Saved by the Bell is awesome. Didn't know they had a comic series out for this.

1,371 posts

Future Young Piece for Ash (Sutherland, Phillips, Sheen)

5AA6E3AA-AFF5-4EBE-9AE2-34ED9EF7038F_zps

Future Bloodsport piece for Ash (Young)

B11EE803-2A77-443F-9234-96A627FF7C29_zps

1,371 posts

Kudos to Ash for the art and Doug Peters for facilitating....

Rachel Brosnahan from the Marvelous Mrs Maisel 

0A438376-5AC5-44B6-A149-C7139826FD99_zpsD5DD638C-6CD8-48F7-8280-4A492FF87BBA_zps\

Jason Ralph...Q from the Magicians 

44261C1E-D7C9-4F9B-990A-6DFA7DD71D97_zps

307 posts

Some cool Raider's book just back from CGC. All are signed by Allen and Rhys-Davies. #1 is also signed by Freeman, Glover and Kahler

IMG_0308.JPG

IMG_0312.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0299.JPG