• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I discovered this idea on cards forum and thought it might be fun.

Maybe this has been tried before, I don't know... But let's give it a shot!

Here is the deal: I'm going to give away this book to the first person who wants it and posts :takeit: . Free, including shipping. In turn, that person MUST offer a book(s) free to the next taker by posting on this thread, and so on, and so on. While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.

RULES:

-You must not be on the Hall of Shame list or be in poor standing on the boards

-You must have at least 50 posts

-If you claim some book(s), you must post your offering within 24 hours

-Only one offer at a time. No new book(s) can be posted until the existing offer has been claimed

-Post pics or scans of the book(s) you're giving away. Cell phone pics are fine

-Don't take book(s) if you've got nothing to offer in return

-If none of your offers are claimed within 4 days (96 hours) of your first offer, the previous offer automatically goes back up.

-Don't ship your offer until you confirm the following offer has been claimed.

-Ship book(s) quickly so people aren't left hanging. No later than two weeks after someone claims your offer.

-Only one :takeit: every 7 days per member.

-Please do not discuss the value of the book(s) being offered. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them

-You can ONLY "take" a book after it has been listed.

-Be honest

-Have fun!

To start this off, I'm offering a comic art book. Details can be found at this link:

http://www.phaidon.com/store/design/comics-comix-and-graphic-novels-9780714839936/

127307.jpg.580d876e2d1b04971a0afbdf3ddd149b.jpg

127308.jpg.8109d4a4392f52b163816dee50b6170b.jpg

I think this is a great idea.

Lou and I try to "pay it forward" all the time on a weekly basis and the only stipulation we make when paying forward to someone is that they do it to someone or do something they normally wouldn't do. I'd mentioned this before on the boards on a con report and a board member later PMd me (a few weeks ago) to let me know he was going to do the same.

After discussing it, I'd thought about starting a thread about but I'm glad you did.

Kudos on getting it started. Total awesomesauce.

(thumbs u

Let us hope this goes better on these boards than it did on the CU boards. Thankfully this forum knows how to act like adults for the most part.

lol

sorry, had to get that in there

great idea, hope it really gets going for you Americans. (thumbs u

Youse Guys from the CU boards ? I used to hang out there quite a bit when I was heavier into card collecting. What were your CU ID's, maybe we have ran across each other over there ?

My user name is the same, "NamesJay"

I'll give this thread another couple days, and if nobody wants to select this book I'll choose another item.

Youse Guys from the CU boards ? I used to hang out there quite a bit when I was heavier into card collecting. What were your CU ID's, maybe we have ran across each other over there ?

My user name is the same, "NamesJay"

I'll give this thread another couple days, and if nobody wants to select this book I'll choose another item.

I think you probably joined after I had left, The Cu boards really went south a few years back and a lot of good people left. Hope your Pay It Forward thread does well, it is really a good idea.

Okay guys, here are my offerings!

USM.jpg

Ultimate Spider-Man tpb vol. 1--white cover

Ultimate Spider-Man tpb vol. 2--white cover

International is fine with me too. Just post the :takeit: here and PM me your address. I've had boardies do nice things for me, so I'm all for participating in PAYING IT FORWARD! :grin:

Here is the deal: I'm going to give away this book to the first person who wants it and posts :takeit: . Free, including shipping. In turn, that person MUST offer a book(s) free to the next taker by posting on this thread, and so on, and so on. While it does not have to be of exact equal value of what you took, please offer quality book(s) that someone can appreciate.

RULES:

-You must not be on the Hall of Shame list or be in poor standing on the boards

-You must have at least 50 posts

-If you claim some book(s), you must post your offering within 24 hours

-Only one offer at a time. No new book(s) can be posted until the existing offer has been claimed

-Post pics or scans of the book(s) you're giving away. Cell phone pics are fine

-Don't take book(s) if you've got nothing to offer in return

-Ship book(s) quickly so people aren't left hanging

-Only one :takeit: every 7 days per member. However, if an item is not claimed within 24 hours, anyone is welcome to take it (no matter when they last claimed book(s). Just don't be greedy!

-Please do not discuss the value of the book(s) being offered. If you don't like them, you don't have to take them

-US only. Sorry international friends, but shipping can get expensive

-Be honest

-Have fun!

Bump. Someone here must be a big Spidey fan who can use these TPBs. :)

I hope this thread takes off, now for something to pop up that I am interested in reading so that I can list the sweet things I have already picked out to post.