• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Insanely good options (especially with two of them). I just picked up the whole series of the Long Halloween but have not read it yet. Hardcover series and the Oreo reprint - can't beat that!

Insanely good options (especially with two of them). I just picked up the whole series of the Long Halloween but have not read it yet. Hardcover series and the Oreo reprint - can't beat that!

why thank you one cool. i need to send you a PM later about one of your sale threads.

Alright - been a while since I participated but me offer should be on topic given current films.

First :takeit:

Absolute Long Haloween & TEC 27 Oreo reprint

^^ very good choices good luck on your PIF thread!

Is it just me or has this thread been getting more traction since having the sticky removed? Seems odd.

No when I look it has FALLEN almost to the BOTTOM

The point is that you looked for it, as others have. I know I do. It's not necessary to be at the top all the time, as long as it gets bumped every so often.

Is it just me or has this thread been getting more traction since having the sticky removed? Seems odd.

It's probably because a ton of people do not look at the stickied threads. I know I pretty much skipped right over the top section until I started checking out PIF. Having it in the main section may be a blessing as long as the diligent vocal members keep bumping it every so often.

Nice offer on a hot book by the way. I saw the post credits scene in Ant-Man last night and we all know Civil War is going to be huge with everyone clambering for 9.8 copies.

Nah - if I can't give that book away, I'll let it revert. It's not worth the trouble and my collection isn't significant enough to dig through looking for stuff. The day you can't give away a 9.8 slab from a great story that also has a movie coming out is the day the spirit of the PIF has moved too far off course :)

Nah - if I can't give that book away, I'll let it revert. It's not worth the trouble and my collection isn't significant enough to dig through looking for stuff. The day you can't give away a 9.8 slab from a great story that also has a movie coming out is the day the spirit of the PIF has moved too far off course :)

:facepalm:

Minimal effort. That's the spirit!

tumblr_mub268waLQ1qgiq62o1_r2_400.gif

Yes on the fact it’s a good offer.

No, and not at all, on the fact that "it's not worth the trouble" – if it truly wasnt’ "worth the trouble" then I think you shouldn’t have participated at all (and it’s also pretty much disregardful towards others, especially people which often put up stuff for free to have the thread restarted).

Said this, not offering at least another option does not make much sense.

I recently picked a Civil War set just to read it. When that story came out I would have not picked it if they paid me, so "hot" as it may be in hype terms, do not take for granted that everyone is interested in it. I won’t comment about the quality (and mostly the idea) of the story, but "hot" as it is, offering another option would be good.

And even if you thought so, it’s saying that, and in that way… this "spirit of the PIF" has been invoked too many times, in arbitrary ways. Better to see how it emerges from offers.

This really is a shark tank.

My apologies for a choice of words which aggravated fellow participants. The sentiment, however, is based in the idea that the purpose of the thread is to simply and joyfully share, for free, good books with one another. I picked, what I felt, was a top notch offer - in value, relevance, and potential audience - from my collection to share. If the audience is specific enough that nobody finds it worthwhile my feeling is that I have little hope of finding something which will fare better.

In short, my attempt in both offer and communication was to encourage the simplicity and low pressure once enjoyed with this thread and perhaps encourage those who had given up on it to re-enter the fun.

alas

[ ] get berated for the type of offer you put up

[X] get berated for the attitude behind your good offer regardless

I for one, wasn't berating you in any way, merely made a suggestion that if you really wanted the books you claimed, you may want to add some diversity to your offer because that particular book may not fall into everyone's collecting focus.

Your PIF, Your Prerogative.