• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

i like the spider-man offers, and the ninja turtle. good luck with your PIF, i know this is your first time offering and i would recommend probably adding more later on into the days. Try to add something that you would like someone to enjoy, or something someone may need. I for one, have received a lot of great comics on here to keep for my collection and would not sell/trade, ever. You have very good people on this thread that like to give. Just don't to forget that and always return the favor. Whelp back to my typhoon!

They are being subtle, but the best advice I can give is that no one is going to claim a random #17 trade volume of a series and an unrelated item. People like runs usually with trades, and like them to start at # 1. Key or semi key issues do well, but someone that likes one character may not like the other character from a different publisher when grouped together. When deciding on an offer, its good to look at what it is you claimed and ask yourself if you are doing your best to put up something just as good or cool as what you claimed or are you offering something a fraction of what you claimed. Good luck and welcome to the thread.

I'm going to see if I can get to some of my batman. I never got into batman as much as spider-man as you can tell. My fave character was the scarlet spider growing up.

Don't stress to much on the hot seat. Brain storm of what you want to put out as an offer. Like CAhokie said not everyone is going to like a character that you submit for your offers, but if you Mix it up and give it a little creativity I am sure someone will grab something. Try something you don't see everyday or something that someone you think would like to display or maybe read. Just remember this is Paying It Forward Thread, helping another boardie out by helping them with their collection or something they truly want to read but don't have that specific issue. You got this and take your time. (thumbs u

They are being subtle, but the best advice I can give is that no one is going to claim a random #17 trade volume of a series and an unrelated item. People like runs usually with trades, and like them to start at # 1. Key or semi key issues do well, but someone that likes one character may not like the other character from a different publisher when grouped together. When deciding on an offer, its good to look at what it is you claimed and ask yourself if you are doing your best to put up something just as good or cool as what you claimed or are you offering something a fraction of what you claimed. Good luck and welcome to the thread.

+1, agreed on this statement.

I can tell you're making an effort, but you just claimed a hard to get item from SDCC, so as mentioned before, offering up random late volume trades, modern comics, etc that anyone can still walk into their LCS and pick up probably isn't going to get anyone to claim your PIF. 2c

I can tell you're making an effort, but you just claimed a hard to get item from SDCC, so as mentioned before, offering up random late volume trades, modern comics, etc that anyone can still walk into their LCS and pick up probably isn't going to get anyone to claim your PIF. 2c

Doc is correct. If you need any advice or have questions feel free to ask or pm. We will try to be as helpful as possible. Those two items you claimed are kind of in demand right now and in the past we had a problem with people coming in claiming high demand items and offering up very little in return. Glad to see everyone giving helpful suggestions to you and not going for the jugular! :grin:

Also remember this thread is NOT always about giving a PIF (like it should be) it is about $$$$$$$$$$$$ that most can flip for a profit :sorry: but that's the HARD truth.

Some people need them for there collection but 90% are looking for a quick flip.

Also remember this thread is NOT always about giving a PIF (like it should be) it is about $$$$$$$$$$$$ that most can flip for a profit :sorry: but that's the HARD truth.

Some people need them for there collection but 90% are looking for a quick flip.

You forget your meds again?

anigif_mobile_d09dc44606c2d312e40164a9732663f3-13.gif

Oh honestly I didn't know that item was rare. I claimed it due to liking Leonardo as a kid. I'll take a look and see if I have something rare to list then. Sorry again guys as I wasn't aware of the value of the item to be honest.