• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

yeah...that guy. can someone explain to me what his powers are again? i had arguments with someone saying he was the most powerful in marvel universe. Sorry for thread trashing...i just want to know.

If you set aside this carp: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_%28Marvel_Comics%29#Omega-level_mutants

Which mostly has been formulated in modern times, Franklin was a mutant with an unmeasured potential, whose powers were not clearly defined, but understood as dangerous as he was developing them and unable to understand/control them at a very young age.

They included some matter-altering powers, but then they had to do all this mess and say he could create "pocket universes" (at the time of "Onslaught", a dreaded 1990s crossover "event"), a thing that was toned down and better explained in the very recent issues before they decided to "freeze" the Fantastic Four title. In them, we see his powers are halfway of creating a sort of "solidified dream state" beings which are not actually alive (as they were the "Heroes Reborn" ones) and have a sort of command over oniric states which can potentially open dimensional planes.

More or less the thing was settled here, as Reed (his father) managed to "syphon/neutralize" his powers (apparently putting him in a sort of vegetative state).

This original version, of having him eventually turned powerless was a lot better, as it put the Fantastic Four in the condition of having a utterly normal child they needed to protect from their dangerous life as super-heroes.

1060341.jpg

An Omega-level mutant is one with the most powerful genetic potential of their mutant abilities. The term was first seen in the 1986 issue Uncanny X-Men #208, but was completely unexplained beyond the obvious implication of it referring to an exceptional level of power. The term was not seen again until the 2001 limited series X-Men Forever. Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe. No firm definition has been offered in comics. Examples of mutants that have been confirmed as Omega-level include Jean Grey,[6] Quentin Quire,[7] Vulcan,[8] Rachel Summers,[9] Iceman,[10] Legion,[11] Elixir,[12] Franklin Richards,[13] and Psylocke.[14]

"Immortality"… Give me a break. :facepalm:

Current PIF offer:

Offer (1) - A bunch of 1st app's or #1's - all in great shape! (thumbs u

8y9c1v.jpg

--------------------------------------

Offer (2) - 1 of my fav punisher covers! - and is getting back in the lime light with next seasons DD series.

jh4hsg.jpg

An Omega-level mutant is one with the most powerful genetic potential of their mutant abilities. The term was first seen in the 1986 issue Uncanny X-Men #208, but was completely unexplained beyond the obvious implication of it referring to an exceptional level of power. The term was not seen again until the 2001 limited series X-Men Forever. Some abilities depicted by mutants described as Omega-level include immortality, extreme manipulation of matter and energy, high psionic ability, strong telekinesis, and the potential to exist beyond the boundaries of the known physical universe. No firm definition has been offered in comics. Examples of mutants that have been confirmed as Omega-level include Jean Grey,[6] Quentin Quire,[7] Vulcan,[8] Rachel Summers,[9] Iceman,[10] Legion,[11] Elixir,[12] Franklin Richards,[13] and Psylocke.[14]

"Immortality"… Give me a break. :facepalm:

:popcorn: thanks for the info... lol on your last comment.

2vrsv40.gif

Keep going! Who doesn't love a FDQ meltdown.

Especially when it's his third? Fourth? Who can keep track anymore? (shrug)

All I know is, I took a day off from spitting on veterans to watch. :popcorn:

2vrsv40.gif

Keep going! Who doesn't love a FDQ meltdown.

Especially when it's his third? Fourth? Who can keep track anymore? (shrug)

All I know is, I took a day off from spitting on veterans to watch. :popcorn:

But your parents didn't.

That's the problem. That's always been the problem. :mad:

Offer (1) - A bunch of 1st app's or #1's - (Doomsday/Gambit/Ghost rider/Omega Red/Blink - Wolverine 1/Moonkight 1/ Cable 1/ Spidey 1/ Ghost rider 1..etc ) (thumbs u

epji89.jpg

Offer (2) - 1 of my fav punisher covers! - and is getting back in the lime light with next seasons DD series.

jh4hsg.jpg

I've added a couple more books to the option (1) pile, (and edited the orignal post) ... so ill :bump: current offer. (thumbs u

I did not realize rckstr1253 was the same boardie from the other thread, otherwise I’d have put up something on his behalf. hm

Sorry you did not get the TMNT figure (I did not notice it was a comic convention exclusive myself), but as others said do not let this discourage you on participating in future PIFs again in the future… (thumbs u

Making a commitment to pray for you and your family once again. :foryou:

I think you guys just missed a big chance to redeem yourselves.

In the spirit of actually Paying It Forward, why don't you just let him have it? (shrug)

Here's a chance to help someone get their mind off of something terrible at no actual cost to you. So what if his offer isn't instantly translatable into what you want?

Just my 2c

I did not realize rckstr1253 was the same boardie from the other thread, otherwise I’d have put up something on his behalf. hm

Sorry you did not get the TMNT figure (I did not notice it was a comic convention exclusive myself), but as others said do not let this discourage you on participating in future PIFs again in the future… (thumbs u

In the spirit of actually Paying It Forward, why don't you just let him have it? (shrug)

Here's a chance to help someone get their mind off of something terrible at no actual cost to you. So what if his offer isn't instantly translatable into what you want?

Just my 2c

Let's stop this from snowballing.

I want to let everyone know that I have been in the process of rectifying this missed opportunity since early this morning via group PM.

I sent you a PM :)

Just my 2c

I unfortunately missed the opportunity to do so. If it reverts I will try again. (thumbs u

Just my 2c

I unfortunately missed the opportunity to do so. If it reverts I will try again. (thumbs u

There won't be a need to do that, but :foryou:

Just my 2c

I want to let everyone know that I have been in the process of rectifying this missed opportunity since early this morning via group PM.

Please Fill me in on what's going on. Thanks

:bump: for current offer

Offer (1) - A bunch of 1st app's or #1's - (Doomsday/Gambit/Ghost rider/Omega Red/Blink - Wolverine 1/Moonkight 1/ Cable 1/ Spidey 1/ Ghost rider 1..etc ) (thumbs u

epji89.jpg

jh4hsg.jpg

I recived a PM as well and just replied... :)

Yep, I would've snagged the Hot Wheels for my boys!

That's what I get for sleeping. :sorry:

Great grab and good offers!

There seemed to be some interest in the Hot Wheels exclusives so I am going to hold on to them so I can put them up again as one of my offers next time I claim something!

Just my 2c

I am a bit confused about this post. Who are the people that missed their chance to redeem theirselves and from what? Couldnt anyone on the boards have claimed the item for him. Its kind of an interesting statement especially since boardies were already helping behind the scenes

I personally had no idea about what this boardie is going through until today. So this would be my 1st chance to "redeem myself" and now that I know, I am in fact trying to do what I can...

There are some wonderful people on this board who are both thoughtful and generous, but often times, it's those same type of people who like to do it in private and not want the attention or accolades.

Well, maybe we tend to take statements too literally. And let’s not forget this kind of writing, electronic writing, is closer to speak than to writing. :shrug:

Probably Ditch did not realize that most people did not do the connection and realized rckstr1253 was the same guy from the other thread. :)