• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Silver age follow Golden age?

107 posts in this topic

So I actually printed out this entire thread and read it on the train yesterday. I will say that this is one of the best threads that I have read in a long time!

I am glad that so many of you are enjoying this thread and some of the input has made great reading.

Carry on the great work guys thumbsup2.gif

People who buy the SA or the GA are buying as collectors not readers.

Is that so? shy.gifstooges.gif

Aces, you're in NY - anytime you want come on by and I will show you the stacks of low grade silver that I have in my Batman run that I enjoy flipping through. However, I interpreted the original question to be referring more to the HG CGC slabs; and by definition you cannot read a slab.

I don't know - too much sun for me today? tongue.gifstooges.gifcrazy.gifboo.gifhi.gif

People who buy the SA or the GA are buying as collectors not readers.

Is that so? shy.gifstooges.gif

Aces, you're in NY - anytime you want come on by and I will show you the stacks of low grade silver that I have in my Batman run that I enjoy flipping through. However, I interpreted the original question to be referring more to the HG CGC slabs; and by definition you cannot read a slab.

I don't know - too much sun for me today? tongue.gifstooges.gifcrazy.gifboo.gifhi.gif

I figured you were refering to HG books. smile.gif

I just like to remind folks that some peeps here actually read them too.

shocked.gif27_laughing.gif

In my experience, a lot of titles ARE starting to be collected because of ppl actually reading them. I've started to go after Ant-Man TtA issues now in HG because I read the series and it was excellent.

Brian

One thing that is an important long term factor is TPB's like the $7.99 Marvel Age Digests. Yes $8 seems alot for a digest but then Starbucks sells million of $3-$4 drinks every day. Funny how coffee was a nickel back when 68 page comic Magazines like Four Color were 10 cents.

Digests/TPBs have the potential to get people into back issues long after the book is published. I remember reading the Dr Strange reprint TPB from 1979 that my dad bought as a remainder at the bookstore for something like $3 back in 1981, when $3 was alot more than it is today. That was definately one of the influences that got me into comics now that I think about it.

One thing that is an important long term factor is TPB's like the $7.99 Marvel Age Digests. Yes $8 seems alot for a digest but then Starbucks sells million of $3-$4 drinks every day. Funny how coffee was a nickel back when 68 page comic Magazines like Four Color were 10 cents.

Where I come from, that same cup of coffee is around 75 to 99 cents (CAD), while the comic book is.....? Specialty coffee is a different story, and has nothing to do with the conversation. 893naughty-thumb.gif