• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mad magazine art question

7 posts in this topic

So when I was younger I remember seeing this one panel gag in a Mad magazine of the moui on Easter Island. The panel featured a cartoony depiction of the huge heads and the gag was that you could see the rest of their bodies (feet, legs) under water. From what I can recall it could have been Don Martin but does anybody remember this? For some reason that art always stuck with me.

I also have a question about Mad Mag OA...how do I get some? :popcorn:

Was a heavy reader from 88-95 so that would be the time frame of art I would be looking :foryou:

Didn't want to start a new thread for this so if I am taking over the OP's thread please he embarrassed me in public :rulez:

the more surprising thing about the Easter Island statues is that it is believed at no point were the protions of them that are buried were ever exposed once they were "put on display". Only the heads were meant to be exposed.

There is a lot to see of the heads under ground anyway!!!

87922a37.jpg