• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dickwad Seller of the Day

499 posts in this topic

Done! I hate this even more than keyword spammers!!

I agree, keyword spammers are a definite irritant, but dickwad sellers who end ENTIRE RUNS of auctions with a minute left, are the worst kind of pond scum, and should not be allowed to sell on EBay.

EBay has a part in this fraud as well, as they limit bidders retracting bids at 12 hours before the end, but some dickwad seller can end auctions with 1 second left?

Does that sound a tad unfair, and open to abuse, to anyone else? 893frustrated.gif

The appropriate names have been noted.

Anyone else want to join greggy and JLA on the hit list?

Joe_Collector: You're not fooling anyone Greggy. The next screw that falls out will be you.

Greggy: Eat my short-shorts.

Joe_Collector: What was that?

Greggy: Eat... My... Short....Shorts.

Joe_Collector: You just bought yourself another Saturday.

Greggy: Ooh I'm crushed.

Joe_Collector: You just bought one more.

Greggy: Well I'm free the Saturday after that. Beyond that, I'm going to have to check my calendar.

Joe_Collector: Good, cause it's going to be filled. We'll keep going. You want another one? Just say the word say it. Instead of going to prison you'll come here. Are you through? [/b]

Greggy: No. sumo.gif

I agree, keyword spammers are a definite irritant, but dickwad sellers who end ENTIRE RUNS of auctions with a minute left, are the worst kind of pond scum, and should not be allowed to sell on EBay.

EBay has a part in this fraud as well, as they limit bidders retracting bids at 12 hours before the end, but some dickwad seller can end auctions with 1 second left?

Does that sound a tad unfair, and open to abuse, to anyone else? 893frustrated.gif

Well I think it is too 893frustrated.gif

Wait, im confused....is greggy joes biatch, or is joe greggys biatch?

Haven't you ever seen Breakfast Club?

" He gets up...we all get up...it'll be Anarchy!!! "

893scratchchin-thumb.gif....i see.

27_laughing.gif

eBay allows sellers to end their auctions at any time. Power to the Seller.

Sounds more like a problem with eBay than the seller.

Plus, there was no bids on any of the auctions that I checked.

eBay allows sellers to end their auctions at any time. Power to the Seller.

Sounds more like a problem with eBay than the seller.

Plus, there was no bids on any of the auctions that I checked.

Doesn't the seller have to back out all bids before he can end an auction anyway? confused-smiley-013.gif (Not that I know how to do this from first hand experience foreheadslap.gif)

Hello...

I am the Dickwad seller of the day...

Just to let everyone know, I am a consignment seller on eBay.

The owner of these comics failed to deliver as promised by contractual obligation by 12 noon today these comics. Rather then having them end and maybe or maybe not get the comics, I decided it was better to just end the auction.

You will be happy to know that my contract's for consigning comics have been amended to make sure nothing like this happens again. All comics that I sell will have to be in my possession before listed.

I apologize to anyone who was watching this auction. These comics will most likely be auctioned off again in the weeks to come. That is, if the owner meets the obligations set for beforehand.

As for why the auctions were not ended quickly. I was spending the day with my father, and only made in home in time to end the rest.

Again, my apologies.

Roberts357

Yes,

It has been a day of firsts.

Usually we either know the client well, or pretty much assume they will sell the comics.

We tend to have 99% of the products in store, but this was an exception that I never should of allowed in the first place.

See, to me, I could really care less what they get on eBay. We charge a flat fee and then a commission. So, I am getting mine no matter what happens.

We get some many books these really are only a dent in the armor. It is days like these that make us look bad.

I am sure that many of you have done business with me before. And many of you are customers on my sites such as www.ComicSupply.com

Those that know me, know that this is not the way I do business. I just thought it was best for me to just be honest, and lay it out as it is.

Believe me, If I could give you the owners phone number and address I would tell you to hate mail him up. But, I am a better person than that.

On another note,

To make up for anyone losing sleep, or being mad about it. Check out my site

www.ComicSupply.com and if you order anything, I will make sure to either give you free ship in the USA on orders over $25, or kick in some free mylars.

Sorry about that guys, I really wish it didn't end up this way.

Roberts357

Sounds great--I will check the site out. Most of us here are just generally tired of some very bad selling practices by the wild west of eBay--sorry you got targeted-but it appears you are going to extraordinary levels of customer service here. Kudos! flowerred.gif