• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a logo for your comic business or convention? The Doctor is in...

186 posts in this topic

At first, I was unsure about a thread offering this type of service. But, after speaking with Arch, we both agreed it would be appropriate here on the Boards. If someone is vehemently opposed to this, please feel free to vocalize. I love this place, and it's more important for me to contribute to it's greatness, rather than to contribute to it's cheesy-ness. So with that...

As it may come to a surprise to many Boardies, I am not actually a Doctor. :o I am an Art Director for an advertising agency. I have a nearly 20+ year background in graphic design, advertising and freelance illustration. What I have done for two sellers here (ColumbiaComics and Roulette44) is developed logos for them on a purely trade-out basis. It's been a great experience so far - I get to work outside of my normal work focus, I can help out boardies and I get paid in comic books.

For Joey, I came up with a concept based on the things/characters that Joey liked, and wanted to incorporate into his brand identity. I developed a highly-readable avatar, as well as a banner graphic that can be utilized elsewhere online:

7441411898_34894f1845_b.jpg

For Brock, I refined a concept he had in mind and created interchangeable components that worked together as well as individually (the hero and the type) which could be used separately while still retaining it's brand identity. I developed his avatar, Paypal invoice logo, Facebook graphic, signature line graphic and business card layout.

7441411792_b625e49dce_b.jpg

I had a great time developing these, and I think they are successful solutions for the sellers. I can also get business cards, stickers, postcards, etc printed as well (can't do trade out on the printing costs, though) - just let me know what you're looking for.

So, if your comic business, event or convention is in need of a logo design or rebranding - drop me a PM and let's discuss your project and get an estimate put together. Don't worry - I keep my prices pretty reasonable. You can also check out my design portfolio online here for more examples of my work.

As it may come to a surprise to many Boardies, I am not actually a Doctor. :o

:o

Then WTF! was with those "free prostate exams"?!?!

He was on his lunch hour.

I am actually very well-known for my free breast exams.

Hey Dr B,

Good luck with your product (thumbs u

The ones you've already done look very cool.

Cheers,

Brian

Ps I see you got your avatar back :shy:

Thanks for checking it out. Yeah, got my avatar back at some point - I loaded it up about a week ago and it stuck!

All - I wanted you to know about my experience working with Jason. He is just so good at what he does, he literally was able to read my mind on what I wanted.

Our process was smooth as silk - we discussed the concept I wanted, he drafted something super quickly, and we refined from there. The whole thing, from soup to nuts took less than 2 weeks.

I was very impressed with his professionalism, speed to respond and of course, his ultimate product.

Highly recommended!! While I don't sell comics for a living, I do enjoy the wheeling and dealing of the business and wanted a professional look. Working with Jason made that happen, and at a fraction of the price from what I would assume a brand identity/marketing consultancy would charge.

If anyone would like to discuss my experience with Jason, it would be my pleasure. feel free to reach out on the boards through a PM, or email me at investmentgradekeycomics@gmail.com

Thanks all - Joey

roulette44

investmentgradekeycomics

I'm glad you consulted with Arch. Its good to let him think he is in control every so often (thumbs u

Very interesting idea. Thinking about sending a PM but I'm in an incredibly lazy mood. Staring at 12 orders that need to be filled before I split for AC and thinking this wasn't the right year to quit crank.

Very interesting idea. Thinking about sending a PM but I'm in an incredibly lazy mood. Staring at 12 orders that need to be filled before I split for AC and thinking this wasn't the right year to quit crank.

2wnqm3k.jpg

FREE COMICS R US? I've got an idea for that...

Hey, Doc. Perhaps you picked up your screen name from the Pink Panther series? I love me some Peter Sellers. :)

^^^^^^^^^^

First one to guess that! Yes, I am a total Pink Pather (Peter Sellers only) fan, and I always got a chuckle when he goes to see Dr. Auguste Balls at his shop. When I was 8 years old, I thought that was the funniest name I'd ever heard (WAY funnier than Inspector Fuzz).

Just wrapped up another logo for a boardie - but they will be unveiling it at a later date for their event, so I've got nothing to show at the moment - so it's just going to be a :bump: back to the first page.

Hey Everyone,

I would like to thank Dr Balls! for a great job! Jason has created the new look for the So Cal Comic Con. Here is our Official Logo he has made for us.

SC1.png

SC2.png

Me and Joel really feel he capture our idea.

Thank you again

Rey and Joel

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5906343#Post5906343

You can also check out our website here for all the latest news.

http://www.socalcomiccon.com/