• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a logo for your comic business or convention? The Doctor is in...

186 posts in this topic

Alright! Awesome! (...and I feel like a No-Prize Winner too). :)

No-Prize_VDOrazio.jpg

(thumbs u

This one is ingenious!

Hey Everyone,

I would like to thank Dr Balls! for a great job! Jason has created the new look for the So Cal Comic Con. Here is our Official Logo he has made for us.

SC1.png

Thanks you guys, great working with you! Good luck with the event!

Hey Everyone,

I would like to thank Dr Balls! for a great job! Jason has created the new look for the So Cal Comic Con. Here is our Official Logo he has made for us.

SC1.png

SC2.png

Me and Joel really feel he capture our idea.

Thank you again

Rey and Joel

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5906343#Post5906343

You can also check out our website here for all the latest news.

http://www.socalcomiccon.com/

Very nice.

Just finished up a logo for boardie Kraken's Lair. Texture, perspective, type adjustments, weathering - this logo had lots of components to it. It was fun to work on.

KRAKENS_LAIR_WEB.jpg

Awesome indeed! Jason (Dr. Balls) took the somewaht vague concepts I gave him and coalesced my random thoughts into the beautiful logo above. I could not be happier with the finished product. And to top it off Jason was incredibly easy to work with from the first sketches until the finished product was approved.

I would recommend the good Doctor to anyone looking for a professional logo or masthead at a reasonable price and a stress-free creative process. Thanks again Jason!

A quick comment on the new CFP logo - would the color intensity be better from darker to lighter on the wavy to straight line? That might achieve maximum potential.

We tried on a few different combinations of gradient, but ultimately he went for this one. Personally speaking, I like having the darker color on the bottom to give it a visual base - whenever I have put the dark color on top of a light color in a design, it always seems to crush it visually.

A quick comment on the new CFP logo - would the color intensity be better from darker to lighter on the wavy to straight line? That might achieve maximum potential.

Personally speaking, I like having the darker color on the bottom to give it a visual base - whenever I have put the dark color on top of a light color in a design, it always seems to crush it visually.

That was exactly my point - thought it'd strengthen the visual reference.

I might be interested in this. What's the fee typically? Can I pay you in comics? :grin:

It'd been awhile since I checked the thread. I've wrapped up a few things and back to a normal schedule with work and teaching, so if anyone is looking to upgrade their logo or identity - feel free to drop me a line.

And yep, I work for comics. I've got two jobs that pay me in cash, I figure it'd be more fun to get paid in comics.