• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

(shrug) Not even close to a issue 5 Tony Moore page.. IMO

But that's just me. Don't get me wrong its a great splash, I just can't compare the two in the same light.

Agreed. You can't compare a page from issue 5 to one from issue 121 regardless of the title. I was going to make a comparison to Amazing Spider-Man, but i think 121 is a key issue, so substitute in any other title with a run this long.

In this case you've got:

- Early issue vs an issue 10 YEARS later

- Co-creator art vs not

- pencil & inks on the same board vs separate pencils, inks AND a patch

- zombies vs not

This comparable is not comparable

I was very surprised.......it was almost two days ago for the last and winning bid.

Honestly I was counting down the last few minutes with my finger on the bid button. I'm going to miss that page :cry:

Congratulation to the seller and buyer....the only thing that page lacked was a old fashion bidding war at the end lol Way does it only seem to work that way when Im bidding :cry:

Frankly, I thought $10K was already high for this page. It's a very good example, but not a key one, imo. Not surprised that it didn't go any higher at the end, especially with James sitting it out.

It is the first character to get bit, that's pretty significant. But at the same time... I understand. The Issue 1pg 2 had provenance. This one was just plain cool. Congrats to the lucky buyer!

Need some input on how to price this in todays market, thanks in advance for your input :wishluck:

WalkingDead51p16-Adlard-CAF.jpg

Pretty key moment, splash page, got redrawn for the 10 year collage variants ( http://www.graphixia.cssgn.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Walking-Dead-10-Years.jpg ). Let's face it as the book gets older the zombie encounters and action pages become more numerous... but you don't all too many like that. I would say it's a page that any serious collector would be happy with and certainly worth quite a few bucks. If you don't get anyone bite purely by making this post here then I would say put it to Comiclink and let the market decide.

The Lake Arts Festival just had a charity auction that may have gone under the radar. The upcoming wraparound cover for The Walking Dead Omnibus 6 featuring the former and current Rick Grimes fetched 3500 GPB (around $5250 USD, or $5500 if it had gone to a US based internet bidder):

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=10481&aid=101175&lid=26837963&title=CHARLIE-ADLARD---WALKING-DEAD-OMNIBUS-VOL-6-WRAPAROUND-COVER

Here's a picture of the art being held up by the auctioneers:

Not bad, but not epic like the rest of the Omnibus covers. Four bidders were willing to pay at least 3200 GPB. I believe this would have fetched more in a publicly advertised US auction house.