• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

Yeah the TV thing might not be spot on but I thought it would help motivate some discussion here. I am surprise this thread gets to page 5 or 6.

Plus the show has ended for the season and I'm waiting for the next issue,so I'm bored lol

I was seeing some really good older Adlard going for what seemed like fair prices.

Maybe it was people recovering from Christmas......

First of all thanks to James for pointing me to this thread (worship)

Secondly I am looking for a valuation on an original page I own from issue 73 (Page 16). I honestly have no idea so any suggestions or thoughts are welcome and I will, off course delete if posting this here is not allowed (thumbs u

20150608_162720-2-1_zps0sagsgyk.jpg

It's a great page....that first panel really stands out.Love the fact that the walker has a hold on the shirt.These pages were sought after a few years ago.What has change a little bit is there seems to be a surplus of walker pages during all out war and a few later issues readily available.

As a collector I find that these pages along with semi important story line pages to be the hardest to value.

$850-$1200 tops. But if your throwing it on eBay aim high and use a make an offer options. I would be surprised if it sold here on the boards for $1200...eBay might be better 2c

It's a great page....that first panel really stands out.Love the fact that the walker has a hold on the shirt.These pages were sought after a few years ago.What has change a little bit is there seems to be a surplus of walker pages during all out war and a few later issues readily available.

As a collector I find that these pages along with semi important story line pages to be the hardest to value.

$850-$1200 tops. But if your throwing it on eBay aim high and use a make an offer options. I would be surprised if it sold here on the boards for $1200...eBay might be better 2c

+1

I was thinking 1k give or take.

Market is inconstant on pages like this as James pointed out. Depends on how many other pages are available at the time and where you're selling it.

Cheers guys... I completely agree James, I love the Half Splash with the Walkers grabbing Holly by the shirt. The page is actually from Holly's first appearance and, although she is no longer around, she was a minor character for some time. I also love the fact that it has two panels with Abraham who was one of my favourite characters in the series. :)

I'm doubting it will go up for sale as it's currently framed and on my living room wall along with 3 Adlard sketches (Rick & Carl, Michonne and Zombie). :cloud9:

Do you think the personalization reduces the value? For me personally, it's a deal breaker to have such a large dedication on the page, even if it were my own name.

I never think of a personalization as a deal breaker unless the signature is inside the margin of the art. Otherwise, it doesn't bother me at all.

Remarked comic - pass. Remarked art - okay.

I'm ok with it.....TM signs most of his stuff.

Not only signs it but puts the buyers name on it too.It can prove a little tricky at that point.

9 out 10 times a good framer can cove the single artist Sig.

Sometimes in TM's case I have learned to exept a couple of drips of coffee lol .

For the most part CA does a great job on the placement....

Edit.....Charlie only adds the buyers name if requested........ Pretty safe to say it's almost required in order to put it before Tony to sign.

Edited by James J

Not only signs it but puts the buyers name on it too.It can prove a little tricky at that point.

Pretty safe to say it's almost required in order to put it before Tony to sign.

I heard that some people circumvent artist's forced personalization by using a name attached to the book, either a characters name (maybe as depicted in the artwork) or the writer of the book, so it looks somewhat more relevant.

Pretty safe to say it's almost required in order to put it before Tony to sign.

I heard that some people circumvent artist's forced personalization by using a name attached to the book, either a characters name (maybe as depicted in the artwork) or the writer of the book, so it looks somewhat more relevant.

Cool ideal.. never thought about doing that.But then again I have never brought anything to get signed before.It was already done by the time it gets to me.

No one wants to talk about the great page from #5 that's in the August Comiclink Auction?

Even though it will be plastered all over the CAF homepage and elsewhere until the auction is over, the optimistic hopes no one else has seen it and s/he will be the only one "seriously interested" bidding on the auction. I know I think that whenever I see a page I really like up for auction. Delusional, I know, but there is always that small chance :insane:

So, to answer your question, NO, there is nothing to discuss at this time. :kidaround:

I sent the guy what I thought was a sensible offer. He told me what he thought he could get, which I thought was very ambitious, but given the visibility, perhaps it wasn't.

Issue 5 to me is Tony's best work on the book. That's one of the better pages in the series. It'll get top dollar. I just have no idea how much.

I sent the guy what I thought was a sensible offer. He told me what he thought he could get, which I thought was very ambitious, but given the visibility, perhaps it wasn't.

Issue 5 to me is Tony's best work on the book. That's one of the better pages in the series. It'll get top dollar. I just have no idea how much.

I'd wager somewhere around 18-20k.