• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

Should be interesting.

For some reason I feel like it's going to under-perform and should have been given to an auction house where it could be promoted and shilled properly :jokealert:

But seriously, I'll take the under on $4K.

Since that auction, though, prices have been falling like crazy. A really nice Michonne page from WD #19, with her first appearance, only sold for $500:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/walking-dead-Issue-19-Pg-18-original-art-Feat-Michonne-/252194970576?hash=item3ab7fddbd0%3Ag%3AmSgAAOSwp5JWXh9W&nma=true&si=bo5bVfLKfx80HfL%252Fk0uA7TuqIMo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh wait...that was a BIN.

Never mind.

:P:cry:

Holy shizzle on a stick. Congrats to the buyer.

What is the Fair Market Estimate of this piece if it came to auction ?

... in a few days you will get your answer it seems

;)

link?

Since that auction, though, prices have been falling like crazy. A really nice Michonne page from WD #19, with her first appearance, only sold for $500:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/walking-dead-Issue-19-Pg-18-original-art-Feat-Michonne-/252194970576?hash=item3ab7fddbd0%3Ag%3AmSgAAOSwp5JWXh9W&nma=true&si=bo5bVfLKfx80HfL%252Fk0uA7TuqIMo%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Oh wait...that was a BIN.

Never mind.

:P:cry:

Holy shizzle on a stick. Congrats to the buyer.

What is the Fair Market Estimate of this piece if it came to auction ?

... in a few days you will get your answer it seems

;)

link?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-19-Original-Art-Page-18-Charlie-Adlard-1st-Michonne-No-Reserve-/172096716479

Yeah, right? And a strong price for an Adlard interior page!

Makes me wonder what a page with her in action might go for......

I have a suspicion that it's the same winner who won the other 1st appearance Michonne pages that sold on ebay not too long ago. Although, for now, I guess we'll never know hm

Yeah, right? And a strong price for an Adlard interior page!

Makes me wonder what a page with her in action might go for......

I have a suspicion that it's the same winner who won the other 1st appearance Michonne pages that sold on ebay not too long ago. Although, for now, I guess we'll never know hm

Nope. Three pages, three winners.

There was also page 2 from the same issue that sold on, I think, Clink after the pages 1 and 3 sold on eBay. Sold to someone else, as well. So four separate owners for the four pages (I know the collectors who bought page 1 and this latest page, but not page 2).

So would you say these buyers are true Walking Dead guys or collectors of older OA who see these as a way to jump in with quality pages just to make their portfolio more diverse. Its a honest question... I love seeing some of the old school collectors giving credence to the modern WD OA market.

So would you say these buyers are true Walking Dead guys or collectors of older OA who see these as a way to jump in with quality pages just to make their portfolio more diverse. Its a honest question... I love seeing some of the old school collectors giving credence to the modern WD OA market.

I'd say they're like me, fans of comics and OA, with WD being one title we enjoy out of many. It's nice to have a representative example or two, but not looking to make WD the focus of our collections.

cool........... the markets seem pretty solid for the choice pieces. I wonder what the years will bring. That's the nice thing about the series hitting over 150 issues... just when I think its my last chance to grab a awesome page another one pops up.

There was also page 2 from the same issue that sold on, I think, Clink after the pages 1 and 3 sold on eBay. Sold to someone else, as well. So four separate owners for the four pages (I know the collectors who bought page 1 and this latest page, but not page 2).

Ah, that's right. Now I remember. Thanks for jogging my memory. (thumbs u

Phil, it looks like you are the WD48 guy based on your CAF - I'm curious if you took-down the page that was on ebay 5-6 months ago for around $3500? I had interest in that one but got outbid unfortunately.

I'm the guy!

No, unfortunately I didn't get it. I put in a higher bid in the last minute but ebay didn't register it.

I'm happy with the pages I have though lol