• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

Which is cheap when you consider, if Andy Warhol had painted that crushed beer can in the foreground, it would sell for several million dollars.

:whee:

Someone snagged up that dbl pg spread of the prison on the low.

:acclaim: I love that DPS.... Made an offer last year to the owner but things didn't work out. But now it's mine...well almost,not in hand yet.

Someone snagged up that dbl pg spread of the prison on the low.

:acclaim: I love that DPS.... Made an offer last year to the owner but things didn't work out. But now it's mine...well almost,not in hand yet.

I would have loved to bid, but not in the cards.

Congrats James! It's a hell of spread!

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=657454

The last page splash to Issue 24 went fairly low at $1726. Not a lot of art or detail to look at, but then again most of Walking Dead is about the characters and the writing. Still, a very memorable last page to the first omnibus and the double meaning proclamation to " WE are the Walking Dead." The piece was also visible in the 10 years of Walking Dead video published on the SkyBound site.

I'd thought about this piece for a long time prior to this, but the lack of visible faces and large dark shadows were a deterrent.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=657454

The last page splash to Issue 24 went fairly low at $1726. Not a lot of art or detail to look at, but then again most of Walking Dead is about the characters and the writing. Still, a very memorable last page to the first omnibus and the double meaning proclamation to " WE are the Walking Dead." The piece was also visible in the 10 years of Walking Dead video published on the SkyBound site.

I'd thought about this piece for a long time prior to this, but the lack of visible faces and large dark shadows were a deterrent.

I think $1700 is pretty strong for the page...given the content.

If this had been the actual page where he said "We are the walking dead" it would have gone for way more.

I think you made a good choice.....I think all those positives you mentioned are why a no zombie, no action, lightly detailed page went for more what it did.

Now if it was THIS page.....I could see the writing driving it skybound...pun intended.

TheWalkingDeadComic24-1%2B-%2BRick.jpg

Definitely, that page 21 has a lot of great classic Adlard detail behind a zombie fence. IIRC 22-23 is a DPS with Rick's damaged face, a rare super detailed close-up.

You almost wish Adlard had enough time to keep the monthly book on time AND give detail like this. He's so great when he's given the time to really work a piece like this.

Definitely, that page 21 has a lot of great classic Adlard detail behind a zombie fence. IIRC 22-23 is a DPS with Rick's damaged face, a rare super detailed close-up.

You almost wish Adlard had enough time to keep the monthly book on time AND give detail like this. He's so great when he's given the time to really work a piece like this.

+1 You can get a feel for the issues that he seemed pressed for time..Especially when they went with the smaller boards. I love the art he is pumping out now but just can't get over two page thing. I really hate seeing the pages split up and sold on ebay..real downer for me. Not sure why it bothers me but it just does. Wish he could just send the pencils direct to the inker....that would be awesome IMO.

I love the art he is pumping out now but just can't get over two page thing. I really hate seeing the pages split up and sold on ebay..real downer for me. Not sure why it bothers me but it just does. Wish he could just send the pencils direct to the inker....that would be awesome IMO.

I love the 2 page art, mainly because you see the original pencils and you see the final inks.

It's a better option than inks over blue lines only or inks over digital pencils.

I sort of feel like I'm getting a 2 for 1 as well, and paired together with the published page with dialogue, framed up, they look great too.

I like the full size 11 x 17 pages and the fact that Adlard doesn't have to ink the work and can pencil out the details with a bit less haste.

I don't think I've seen much of the pages split up and sold anywhere, and it feels like they're exchanging hands as paired sets.