• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Simple Discussion on Walking Dead Original Art Prices

706 posts in this topic

Any new trends on WD art? Does it seem to be holding its own in the market?

I haven't been watching for some time now and was just curious.

BTW that is a awesome page!!!

I still think the art from #1 - #48 is where it is at.

At source there are over 750 new pages on offer (only bout 50 that are all Adlard) which is a vast inventory and a lot of talking heads with some nice stuff scattered inbetween. The new stuff is still all priced at IMHO what I would consider to be above what it would get on the secondary market. I don't know if anyone else thinks this, but that might well be doing what is on the secondary market a favour and giving it more room to grow.

Personally what I consider to be really memorable of the new stuff is the final confrontation at the end of "All Out War".

Issue: 126

Page: 04

$1200

psoPCRY.png

Issue: 126

Page: 13

$650

6Hlrt8h.png

They are nice, but looking back at sales a few months ago I would have been really torn about getting something older whilst it was up for grabs if I had been in the market (still busy ticking other boxes).

#18 p.19

$1,500.00

Jul 10, 2016

FzonlQc.png

Walking Dead #43 p.9

$650.00

Jul 10, 2016

Qdl3God.png

It's a pretty safe bet that TWD will run for quite some time to come so it's impressive that the middle ground is still very much still holding its own. However, if you are looking for news ... well nothing dramatic has happened very recently, but as a whole it's been all over the place in 2016 if you browse a few pages back in this thread or on ebay and other sites, early splashes going for over $2K, DPS for more, the #51 cover for over $5K but other covers on Heritage for way more... along with several other interiors being outliers. The dust is far from settled, it's still baffling to look at at times.

The "next Walking Dead" hasn't happened yet, it's still just TWD and it's probably too early for 2003 onwards to have had it's real time in the sun yet.

This cover cost me a few bucks, but I feel like I can finally stop my search for a WD piece. Of course, if the right Tony Moore page came available, I may have to reconsider...

Walking Dead Omnibus #1 cover

That's awesome, Tony – congrats. You picked both that and the JRJR Wolverine piece from Alex, correct? He also has a great collection; curious to see what he purchased with those funds.

Edited by Mr. Machismo

This cover cost me a few bucks, but I feel like I can finally stop my search for a WD piece. Of course, if the right Tony Moore page came available, I may have to reconsider...

That's awesome, Tony – congrats. You picked both that and the JRJR Wolverine piece from Alex, correct? He also has a great collection; curious to see what he purchased with those funds.

Yes, I did. He does have a great collection, but i think these funds might be going to the bank and not to acquire more art. I made a similar sale a couple months back...unfortunately, Alex popped up with his sale and my funds got used...

Thanks Garf for the thought out reply.

Making it any more cons... I'm looking forward to seeing some more write-ups.

I am considering going to the Lakes festival again soon but it's a real trek to get there from where I live. Haven't done any write ups of the others I have been to recently really because in the UK the lineup and events can be strikingly similar year to year :)

:o:o:o

Just thought I would leave this here in case there is any interest. It may even give those tracking prices an idea on current market strength.

WD #73 page 16 ft Abraham, Holly and 2 zombies in a half splash.

http://www.ha.com/c/search.zx?saleNo=121643&collection=40&type=friend-consignorlive-notice&FC=0

WD73_zpseeln3h2k.jpg

I was traveling for most of the past month - did the James J Walking Dead art collection get sold at ComicConnect?  What happened?  I have heard zero about this since SDCC - any info/feedback would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, delekkerste said:

I was traveling for most of the past month - did the James J Walking Dead art collection get sold at ComicConnect?  What happened?  I have heard zero about this since SDCC - any info/feedback would be appreciated. 

Heard back that the collection goes on the block starting in the Winter sale (and subsequent auctions as well).  Guess the pieces at SDCC were just testing the waters.  Did anyone notice if there were pieces in the most recent Comic Connect auction as well (and, if so, how they did)?  I thought there were, but didn't take a close look due to the aforementioned travels.