• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TOMORROWS TREASURES
4 4

215 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, chrisco37 said:

He moved fairly recently.   I had dinner with him (and his lovely wife) at Bmore 2016 convention and they were talking about the move to Florida.   Saw him again in early 2017 (he occasionally would do a little "one man show" in various locations; this one was in Northern VA) and I think they had moved by then.   

He's definitely a character and loves to talk.   He's got some great stories.  He's pretty "old school" and it took him awhile to come around to slabbing, but he does slab books now.   I can see how he could rub some people the wrong way.  

When I talked with them at NYCC last October I think they had only recently moved, although I can't remember exactly.  His wife was telling me that they drove down with most of their stock and when they stopped overnight along the way, they had to sweat out leaving all those books in the van.  I imagine they have insurance, but it still had to be nerve wracking.  I had someone from Heritage tell me that when they ship expensive consignments from the northeast (an elsewhere, I assume) to Dallas, they use an armored car service. 

I drove cross country with three short boxes worth well over 50K in the car.  Took them into the hotel every night.  My biggest fear was stopping to eat, but I kept meals simple and had my dog in the car. 

Rest of my stuff went by bonded movers. Should have sent these that way too, but was worried.

2 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

jag off

n. A person, usually male, that has an unfavorable personality or annoying habits. Generally implies stupidity or ignorance.

That not what i was spelling out. But I'm glad you were able to explain that.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎11 at 12:43 PM, Sqeggs said:

When I talked with them at NYCC last October I think they had only recently moved, although I can't remember exactly.  His wife was telling me that they drove down with most of their stock and when they stopped overnight along the way, they had to sweat out leaving all those books in the van.  I imagine they have insurance, but it still had to be nerve wracking.  I had someone from Heritage tell me that when they ship expensive consignments from the northeast (an elsewhere, I assume) to Dallas, they use an armored car service. 

That's how they do it at SDCC, as I'm around during the breakdown at SDCC.

They put all the stock in the prescribed bags and tags and the armoured car personnel some in and pick them all up and leave.

11 hours ago, greggy said:

That's how they do it at SDCC, as I'm around during the breakdown at SDCC.

They put all the stock in the prescribed bags and tags and the armoured car personnel some in and pick them all up and leave.

So now funny books are being moved around in armoured cars ... Well c'est la vie.

5 hours ago, Mr bla bla said:

So now funny books are being moved around in armoured cars ... Well c'est la vie.

Well when people are willing to pay six to seven figures for a piece of old newsprint you need to realize that there are other people willing to steal old newsprint that is worth six to seven figures.  

I've seen Ritchie at a couple shows and he is always talking lol  old school dealers like him are becoming rarer and rarer so i enjoy

listening to him and getting in a few rare words lol 

he has nice HTF comics , He wouldn't dicker at all on a tough 1950's war comic i needed priced at $150.00 but thats ok, he knew what he had and i was buying it anyways........

i wished that when he finally went around to getting some of his stock graded that he hadn't

gone to Brand Ecccch otherwise i would have bought some slabs from him

4 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Well when people are willing to pay six to seven figures for a piece of old newsprint you need to realize that there are other people willing to steal old newsprint that is worth six to seven figures.  

Hmm ... wonder whats next.

SWAT teams in cross town traffic?

2 hours ago, Murphman13 said:

I'm still curious as to what Ritchie did or said to get him banned from Tampa Con for life.

Had to do with booth placement I believe.  Bill can always add more since there is probably a lot more to the story.  

Edited by blazingbob