• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan the Barbarian #1 Club
4 4

305 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

I do see the value to such detailed notes. I know they give 3.0 to GA with those issues all the time, did not think for BA, but maybe the rust is not as bad as it sounds.

ya the book itself looked 4.5 give or take .5, but it looked like it had been a long time since the moisture damage. I don't remember the rust, but I saw the pages and they weren't brittle....

So it couldn't have been all bad..... I bought it raw for $30 2-3 years ago from the LCS, so the amount of money I have into it, I could easily put it towards an Upgrade.....

I think with money to grade and slab I spent around $60 total. I might be looking to do that eventually :) 

On 2/16/2019 at 8:08 AM, ComicConnoisseur said:

I wonder if this news will have any affect on the prices of key Conan comics issues like  #1? hm

Conan the Barbarian TV Series In Works At Amazon

https://deadline.com/2018/02/amazon-developing-conan-drama-based-robert-e-howard-books-colony-co-creator-1202278547/

EXCLUSIVE: Amazon is developing drama series Conan, based on the books by Robert E. Howard, Deadline has learned. The project hails from Colony co-creator Ryan Condal, Game of Thrones director Miguel Sapochnik, Fargo and The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Warren Littlefield, Pathfinder Media and Endeavor Content.

The project falls into Amazon’s push into big, fantasy/genre drama series with broad appeal in the mold of Game of Thrones, which is exemplified by the company’s recent big bet on a Lord of the Rings TV series.

I hope it happens but I'm not sure how good it would be in todays WOKE culture.  The Original Conan movie would never get made today I would guess :(.

59 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

This series was probably one of the best I’ve read. Starting reading and collecting as a kid in the 80’s and Conan never disappointed!

By Crom I love Conan.

Not a bad start to the bronze age at all! Conan #1 :headbang: 

23 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Not a bad start to the bronze age at all! Conan #1 :headbang: 

Yea I just started seriously collecting again and buying stuff I had and regret getting rid of.

I started with Silver and it’s been very pricy. Even just the mid grade stuff like class of 68 #1s and other various keys.

Now I’ve Moved into Bronze and remembering what a great time it was for comics with all the Sword and Sorcery and the great Monster stuff!

Id say Conan defines the age perfectly along with Ghost Rider.

The art and the stories had gotten a little dark and mature yet still very kid friendly.

Such a great age..wow!

2 hours ago, picon3 said:

Managed to upgrade my Conan #1 from CGC 9.4 to CGC 9.6.  And that finished my Conan registry set for issues #1-24 all in CGC 9.6. (thumbsu Paul~

Conan #1 (CGC 9.6).JPG

Congrats on the run!!! I'm jealous! I don't "collect" 1-24, but would love to have them all.  I just have what I picked up randomly over the years.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:23 PM, aardvark88 said:

If you squint, you can see Conan #1. Overall, most have above average BWS covers for the time, and stellar REH adaptations by Roy Thomas:

7z5fmVv.jpg

The first 24 plus odd issues of this series have some of the most underrated covers marvel had produced for the era  , not to mention a fantastic storyline