Conan the Barbarian #1 Club
6 6

204 posts in this topic

409 posts
3 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Really well presenting copy.  Congrats.  Loaded an alternate copy of the image just in case the forum owners have issues with the image.

Thanks! Never thought of that, so I made the switch.

1,656 posts

Not a high grade copy, but I'm in the club.  And I've got a hunch it's going to get quite a bit harder to join over the next year as the character returns to Marvel:

Conan_01.jpg

306 posts

With Conan #7 and #8 (both CGC 9.4) arriving yesterday from C-Link my registry set is complete (#1-24, plus annual #1).  A fun ride.  Paul~

7,002 posts
3 minutes ago, picon3 said:

With Conan #7 and #8 (both CGC 9.4) arriving yesterday from C-Link my registry set is complete (#1-24, plus annual #1).  A fun ride.  Paul~

SWEET!! Congrats!

2,754 posts
6 hours ago, picon3 said:

Congratulations!! Fantastic run of books there.... ^^

916 posts

Had to go back 5 months to find this thread.  Needed Sherman and Peabody to do it!

If you're stalking me, you'll know I had a nice 9.4, that I had to sell to pay bills.  Found a nice book that I felt was a "shot 9.0" and sent it off to CGC only to be bitterly disappointed.  So I'm selling it at a fire sale price on a very popular auction site that charges too much and I just found this one for a fair price.  Not a 9.4, but a good start to a nicer set of Conans that I'm planning on putting together.  Still trying to figure out exactly what my focus will be for a Conan set...I plan for it to be a relatively short set in higher grade like my Xmen set (which by the grace of God I still have).

Seller's Photo:

conan 1.jpg

3,570 posts

Nice copies, folks.  Despite today's overly PC climate, I'm hoping this genre picks up again.  Some great stories here.

916 posts
10 hours ago, Brian48 said:

Nice copies, folks.  Despite today's overly PC climate, I'm hoping this genre picks up again.  Some great stories here.

What i find interesting is that today, as an adult, I have trouble relating to a lot of comics because they are too juvenile or too busy or both.  But Conan stories appeal to the adult me.

7,002 posts
2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Never thought the day would come when this guy would pass Spidey in my collecting world but I have been reading Conan from issue 1 onward and I'm in :x all over again. It doesn't get much better than Roy writing and Big John drawing (especially in SSOC)

Conan.jpg

:golfclap:CONGRATS!!

3,570 posts
3 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

Never thought the day would come when this guy would pass Spidey in my collecting world but I have been reading Conan from issue 1 onward and I'm in :x all over again. It doesn't get much better than Roy writing and Big John drawing (especially in SSOC)

Conan.jpg

:takeit:

249 posts
On 11/16/2018 at 3:37 PM, Brian48 said:

You're telling me! I just swore at my TV and it scolded me for my language lol  I kept saying Avengers End Game and it kept coming up Avengers and game. CROM!

Edited by Xenosmilus

916 posts

I agree about the stories.  I just started rereading some comics, and I was bouncing between the first Conan issues and Wolverine's own series from the 80's.  And the more I read them both, the more I realized I enjoyed Conan more.  I always thought I liked Wolverine more than Conan, but when I read them back-to-back, I find I'd rather read the Conan stories.