• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Conan the Barbarian #1 Club
4 4

305 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2018 at 4:46 PM, Jordysnordy said:

Never thought the day would come when this guy would pass Spidey in my collecting world but I have been reading Conan from issue 1 onward and I'm in :x all over again. It doesn't get much better than Roy writing and Big John drawing (especially in SSOC)

I rank Marvel`s Conan The Barbarian 1-100 up there with Amazing Spider-Man 1-100 and Fantastic Four 1-100. Good to see Conan is making a comeback this year.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

I wonder if this news will have any affect on the prices of key Conan comics issues like  #1? hm

Conan the Barbarian TV Series In Works At Amazon

https://deadline.com/2018/02/amazon-developing-conan-drama-based-robert-e-howard-books-colony-co-creator-1202278547/

EXCLUSIVE: Amazon is developing drama series Conan, based on the books by Robert E. Howard, Deadline has learned. The project hails from Colony co-creator Ryan Condal, Game of Thrones director Miguel Sapochnik, Fargo and The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Warren Littlefield, Pathfinder Media and Endeavor Content.

The project falls into Amazon’s push into big, fantasy/genre drama series with broad appeal in the mold of Game of Thrones, which is exemplified by the company’s recent big bet on a Lord of the Rings TV series.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

I wonder if this news will have any affect on the prices of key Conan comics issues like  #1? hm

Conan the Barbarian TV Series In Works At Amazon

https://deadline.com/2018/02/amazon-developing-conan-drama-based-robert-e-howard-books-colony-co-creator-1202278547/

EXCLUSIVE: Amazon is developing drama series Conan, based on the books by Robert E. Howard, Deadline has learned. The project hails from Colony co-creator Ryan Condal, Game of Thrones director Miguel Sapochnik, Fargo and The Handmaid’s Tale executive producer Warren Littlefield, Pathfinder Media and Endeavor Content.

The project falls into Amazon’s push into big, fantasy/genre drama series with broad appeal in the mold of Game of Thrones, which is exemplified by the company’s recent big bet on a Lord of the Rings TV series.

It's an undervalued book IMO.

# 1 in 9.8 has been flat at about $5000.00 for a few years now.

On 1/13/2019 at 8:37 PM, billbrown7080 said:

Its got a Subscription crease...but its Conan #1

1545963888136-6619b16a-e32c-4398-8b4b-58d08ca79136_.jpg

Can you even subscribe to a book that hadn't been released yet?  Someone would have had to subscribed prior to the street date in order to get #1 like that.  Could you do that in the late '60s?  Don't recall being able to do that in the early '70s. 

I thought that this would grade out at 4.0/4.5, but I also thought that it would come back as "cream pages".....

Pleasantly disappointed and surprised at the same time lol 

Came back from CGC just a couple of weeks ago, but it's all good :) the amount of mullah I have into it, makes me some what satisfied with the grade :headbang: 

GetImage.aspx?c=3453532&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=MTAvMTQvMjAxOSAxOjEzOjU5IFBN           GetImage.aspx?c=3453532&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=MTAvMTQvMjAxOSAxOjEzOjU5IFBN

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought that this would grade out at 4.0/4.5, but I also thought that it would come back as "cream pages".....

Pleasantly disappointed and surprised at the same time lol 

Came back from CGC just a couple of weeks ago, but it's all good :) the amount of mullah I have into it, makes me some what satisfied with the grade :headbang: 

GetImage.aspx?c=3453532&t=Full&f=Obv&cb=MTAvMTQvMjAxOSAxOjEzOjU5IFBN           GetImage.aspx?c=3453532&t=Full&f=Rev&cb=MTAvMTQvMjAxOSAxOjEzOjU5IFBN

That was graded tuff! I would have said at least 3.5

15 minutes ago, Shoomanfoo said:

That was graded tuff! I would have said at least 3.5

Thanks! I have the grader's notes...it had some definite issues though lol it's a beater, I guess the water stains is why I thought it was "cream" pages :foryou: 

Comic Description:
Conan the Barbarian 1 10/70 Marvel Comics

Grader Notes:
color lift front cover
heavy rusted staples to cover
large water stain full right of front cover
large, heavy water stain full left of back cover
light bends to cover
moderate color lift left top of back cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
moisture damage whole book
small tear with crease top of front cover
spine roll

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks! I have the grader's notes...it had some definite issues though lol it's a beater, I guess the water stains is why I thought it was "cream" pages :foryou: 

Comic Description:

Grader Notes:
color lift front cover
light bends to cover
spine roll

Valid! 

...though I’ve seen much worse 3.0.

This book has steadily been gaining momentum the last little while with 9.8 sales finally picking up.

This copy sold for a whopping $6100.00 last night on CL.

Let’s hope love of this great title continues.

I wonder if the current Marvel re-boot has any role in this.

So far I have really enjoyed the 3 new Conan titles. I hope they can contrite the solid work.

930FDAC3-A565-4130-9629-C7447B9C12D5.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

This book has steadily been gaining momentum the last little while with 9.8 sales finally picking up.

This copy sold for a whopping $6100.00 last night on CL.

Let’s hope love of this great title continues.

I wonder if the current Marvel re-boot has any role in this.

So far I have really enjoyed the 3 new Conan titles. I hope they can contrite the solid work.

930FDAC3-A565-4130-9629-C7447B9C12D5.jpeg

That is one incredible and gorgeous book. Wow!

On 10/14/2019 at 1:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Comic Description:

Grader Notes:
color lift front cover
light bends to cover
spine roll

Rusty staples and water stain are killer. Surprised it got a 3.0. Looks good on my phone from a distance though.

On 10/14/2019 at 1:57 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Comic Description:

Grader Notes:
color lift front cover
light bends to cover
spine roll

Maybe all these notes are why they charge $30 to grade these things. That's an essay.