Submission tracking?
1 1

19 posts in this topic

998 posts

If I'm not a member, but submitted books onsite to cgc directly via a convention, if I signed up now, would I be able to track my submissions? Or do you have to be a member from before they get submitted?

2,761 posts

You can only track the progress online if you are already a paid member at the time of submission (or join when making the submission) and also list your membership number at the top of the form. All other submissions must be tracked using the invoice number and either calling or e-mailing customer service for updates.

2 posts

How can I track my orders? I tried using the invoice numbers at the top of my receipts but they display: "This invoice is owned by someone else". What else can I do?

2,761 posts

Either your membership number was not on the paperwork or you joined after the submission was made, so they cannot be tracked online. You will have to call or e-mail customer service for updates.

11,812 posts
47 minutes ago, Acheron426 said:

CGC BS bureaucracy at its finest.

For your first ever post you opened up a 5 year old thread to slam CGC ?

3,906 posts
16 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

:roflmao:  $20 says he subbed a book that got a lower grade than he wanted.

How'd he even find a 5 yr. old thread?  Googles?

Jerome

3 posts
On 5/30/2017 at 8:53 PM, Bomber-Bob said:

Ironically I'm dealing with the same mess now. I turned in some Comics at the 2017 Phoenix Comic-Con but I am not a paid member... cant track em.. it's been almost 2 months I'm getting a little bit nervous.

204 posts
On 7/18/2017 at 0:35 AM, chads1469 said:

Ironically I'm dealing with the same mess now. I turned in some Comics at the 2017 Phoenix Comic-Con but I am not a paid member... cant track em.. it's been almost 2 months I'm getting a little bit nervous.

call there customer service and use your invoice number at the top right of the page to get that info

74 posts

I sent in an order, FEDEX shows it was delivered yesterday, but I don't see it on my invoice list.  Is this normal?  Or should I start making phone calls?

11,812 posts
On 11/10/2018 at 12:20 PM, Robert Zerbe said:

I sent in an order, FEDEX shows it was delivered yesterday, but I don't see it on my invoice list.  Is this normal?  Or should I start making phone calls?

Dude, if you are going to submit to CGC, you have to have some patience throughout the process. I would give them a couple more days. They open up your package and match the contents to your invoice. You might see a Received status first, with no information, and then shortly later a 'Verified' status meaning the contents matched.

74 posts

Thanks,

that's all Im looking for, some idea that this is a normal part of the process ... my first time.  If it normally takes a couple of days I can be patient.

11,812 posts
2 hours ago, Robert Zerbe said:

Thanks,

that's all Im looking for, some idea that this is a normal part of the process ... my first time.  If it normally takes a couple of days I can be patient.

I remember my first time submitting to CGC, I was a nervous wreck about the whole process. I submitted 3 relatively expensive books and they actually called me to say they received the books. After that, I felt better and everything went smoothly. This was many years ago and I think things are more hectic over there now so I wouldn't expect such personalized service again. But they are still a really good company and respond to any problems. Having said that, they are often behind in their turnaround time and one really does need patience. Tip: If you do have a problem call them, don't even bother E-Mailing. They are good about answering the phones, not so much with E-Mail. Good luck with your submission !

74 posts

FYI, my books were delivered by FedEx on Friday and "verified" (showed up under 'my invoices') on a Tuesday.  CGC also sent an email on Tuesday.

I feel better already

:)

1 post

What is the normal time frame to get a comic graded and returned?

11,812 posts
On 1/5/2019 at 12:13 PM, Crown59 said:

It depends on how it was submitted. There is no 'normal  with CGC, a moving target.  Look at the website. BTW, how long does dinner take to cook ?

874 posts
On 1/5/2019 at 1:13 PM, Crown59 said:

Assuming your book is pre-1975, if you spend for one-day turnaround. It's one day. I did that with an AF15... they received it on Monday, graded on Tuesday and shipped that same day.

If you pay for the value level, it's 66 business days.

And there's a bunch of options in between. 

19,356 posts
On ‎1‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:19 AM, oldrover said:
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 10:13 AM, Crown59 said:

Assuming your book is pre-1975, if you spend for one-day turnaround. It's one day. I did that with an AF15... they received it on Monday, graded on Tuesday and shipped that same day.

If you pay for the value level, it's 66 business days.

And there's a bunch of options in between. 

Howabout if you have Clint Eastwood drive it from Mexico to Florida, and then back to Mexico after grading?

874 posts
19 hours ago, revat said:

How about if you have Clint Eastwood drive it from Mexico to Florida, and then back to Mexico after grading?

2sccm8.jpg