• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

why??

27 posts in this topic

I guess its all a personal preference, just seems like it ruins the book to me with it sketched over the entire front cover taking away from the original art

I'm sure there's plenty of examples where it has ruined a books' cover art - thankfully Sienkewciwxcz handled it like a pro.

:screwy: That looks hideous.

I think it looks pretty cool. But, I don't have anything to provide as a hideous example to bolster my opinion.

FART PAD.

Is that book actually "rare"?

What would it be going for ballpark without the sketch?

Yes it was a mail away not many people knew about so pretty tough to get. $350 and $400 in CGC 9.6 for last 2 sales.

Also that particular sketch version was listed and didn't sell twice at $799 so he increases the price ???

Yes it was a mail away not many people knew about so pretty tough to get. $350 and $400 in CGC 9.6 for last 2 sales.

Also that particular sketch version was listed and didn't sell twice at $799 so he increases the price ???

lol

That seems to be a VERY popular eBay business model! hm

I'd dispute how "rare" it is. 350+ copies on the census.

I'd dispute how "rare" it is. 350+ copies on the census.

Too many crack-press-resubs. hm

(If I didn't do it, somebody would, so might as well... :P )