• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grading Help?

7 posts in this topic

This Colonel I work with (very infrequently) overheard a comment I made saying I collect comics and said he had around 250 in a box that he collected when he was a teenager. After talking with him, found out he wanted to get rid of them as he was disposing of all the "junk" (his words) before he retires (which is relatively soon I believe). I told him I'd be interested in buying them and asked him to bring some in to work. Well these are the three he brought in. I know what I'd grade them but I thought it'll be fun to get your opinions:

asm106.jpg

asm107.jpg

cap.jpg

All backs are white with no marking. Interior pages are white to OW

Jim.

These are looking about 9.0 (maybe 9.2 on the Spideys, and 8.5 on the Cap) to me. I'm detecting a bit of cover soiling/surface wear - these types of defects don't show up too well in scans, but CGC (and collectors) like nice fresh books with glossy/flat/smooth covers.

I need to work on providing better scans. The ASMs all have very glossy clean covers except in the top left near the price. They seem to all have wear there. The scans came out pretty cloudy for some reason.

Jim