• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC 2013, July 18-21, San Diego, Ca.

577 posts in this topic

I am going to this show tomorrow.

Give Greggy a gonch pull over his head.

he loves me

You always hurt the one's you love. Atomic Gonch pull, Roy.

With the might of Thor's hammer.

By Odin's beard!

There's too many amateur professional sellers who go to Comic Con with the sole purpose of profiteering and reselling these so called exclusives. I see a lot of 'em "pre-selling" anticipating they'll get them, and for those people I do hope they get locked out and product goes into the hands of the fans.

The manufacturers know the system, creating and controlling collectibles. They love the chaos that the hype provides them, be it people standing in line overnight, people complaining about getting shut, out or even fights in line to get the product, it's all good publicity speaking to the demand of their product, it makes for good news, as it's a for of free advertising, and builds hype around the eventual mainstream for future sales.

It's a shame 'tho that a few bad eggs who horde for profiteering ruin it for the fans who embark in the journey only to get shut out, especially the kids.

Yeah, the guy in line to get the Jem and the Holograms or My Little Pony figures really needs 'em more than the 8 yr old girl who now has to ask her dad to buy it for her off of eBay... :)

For good or bad, this is a lot of what SDCC is about now, rarity. Everything is hard to get, tickets, hotel rooms, panels, exclusives, even con t-shirts. Definitely adds to the excitement.

If anyone has a badge they are not using for Tomorrow (Sunday) I would be very interested. I attended ComicCon for the past 12 years for my work but could not get a badge this year. Willing to pay $20 + access to a day of my E3 convention badge for next year. I attend E3 every year for the first day only and the rest of days go unused so if anyone wants to trade I am good for it.

Needs to be a male badge and I cannot pick up til tomorrow.

All done. I'm bummed. I bought from Dale Roberts and ran out of cash, so I had to charge for my last book. $ goes fast there. Also, bought from Bob at Highgrade and a few TPB at misc. dealers. MILE HIGH rips people off on the exclusives. Go to A-1 Comics for them if you go to SDCC. They sale them what they should be for and the listed price. I feel bad, I forgot to stop by Metropolis to maybe buy a book they had on hold for me. I completely forgot about it! Now I will need to pay for S&H!!!

Celebrity Sighting at Comic-Con

Sean Astin

I don't think I ever would've known if the sign wasn't there. Never saw the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. Okay, so shoot me!! I never saw it. Fantasy and Sci-Fi movies are not my cup of tea!

167.jpg