• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is This Book Re-holder Eligible?

6 posts in this topic

Hi, can you please tell me if this damaged CGC book is Re-Holder eligible or does it need to be re-graded?

I ask because the CGC website says that they will not Re-Holder if a case has "had its seals broken".

Is this considered a broken seal? Or is it considered a broken corner post?

crackedcase.jpg

• Administrator

You can submit that on the ReHolder submission form, but if there are any signs of tampering or damage then the book will have to be regraded and the difference of fees would be your responsibility. If you are to remove the book from the case any further than is pictured, the book would definitely have to be regraded.

Well I made a mistake of removing the book from the CGC holder because of the damage it received in transit to me. I didn't want to take that chance to have the book get damaged in a damaged holder... The book regarded lower than what it did on the old label sad to say :(.. From what I can see there were no new damages/defects on the book when I submitted it.

Lesson learned, submit the slab as a reholder even if damaged... That was a pretty expensive book too and the 0.5 difference value wise is a lot!

Gemma, is there any way to get the former grade back if I could send in pictures of the book in its old label before it got cracked and hopefully get the same grade back? Thanks