• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain to me HOW this book got a yellow label and not a GLOD?

6 posts in this topic

I have never seen a Jack Kirby Signature Series book before. Are there any others?

As I undersood the SS label, there had to be a CGC witness present at the actual signing, otherwise a book with a cover signature would be considered a GLOD or Blue Universal with a downgrade for the unwitnessed signature.

Kirby signed Masterworks FF1

I have never seen a Jack Kirby Signature Series book before. Are there any others?

As I undersood the SS label, there had to be a CGC witness present at the actual signing, otherwise a book with a cover signature would be considered a GLOD or Blue Universal with a downgrade for the unwitnessed signature.

The yellow is in regards to the Stan Lee signature. The 7.0 grade takes into account the unwitnessed Kirby signature it seems.

Thread on it here: Kirby SS

What Mushie said, because CGC doesn't an offer a Yellow/Green label like they do Yellow/Purple. So they account for the the un-witnessed signature as a defect, lowering the numeric grade.

Still people will see the kirby name on Label and say it's a Kirby SS.

They should have left Jacks Name off or wirtten "Other Name" On Label

+1

A very bad idea from CGC's side to put "Jack Kirby" on that label :tonofbricks: