• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mind Mgmt

1,577 posts in this topic

Just a quick note on some interesting news about Mind MGMT from the Twitter-verse:

@rikrams to @mattkindt - 

MIND MGMT.... just wow. Such a multi-demensional story. I am hooked! Is the movie acually gonna happen?

@mattkindt replying to @rikrams -

transitioning it to television -- seemed like a better medium to translate it into.

I'm glad they are going the tv route instead...makes better sense for sure.  I just hope it makes it past pilot and we actually see a full series :wishluck:.

Didn't see the price anywhere (shrug)

it said something about $400 if you supply your own issues...how much if you don't?  I'd love to support Matt on this but I recently put together another full run so I could have them bound. 

I miss Mind MGMT, best series ever. 

3 hours ago, jaybes said:

Didn't see the price anywhere (shrug)

it said something about $400 if you supply your own issues...how much if you don't?  I'd love to support Matt on this but I recently put together another full run so I could have them bound. 

I miss Mind MGMT, best series ever. 

$600.00, unless you supply your own books, then it is $400.  Only difference in what is created/delivered is the $600 option will give you an edition #/20, while supplying your own books will not have the limited numbering.

3 hours ago, Machinehd said:

$600.00, unless you supply your own books, then it is $400.  Only difference in what is created/delivered is the $600 option will give you an edition #/20, while supplying your own books will not have the limited numbering.

Where did you get this information?  I would certainly expect them to be numbered in either case.

2 hours ago, jjeanius said:

Where did you get this information?  I would certainly expect them to be numbered in either case.

In the email I received from OmahaBound when I ordered.  It also confirmed that all of the extras like the one shot strips made specifically for this would be included:

We have you down as supplying your own set of issues. 

Your edition will include the one shot and strips made specifically for this edition, signature and sketches by Matt on the interior of the books, and other extras.

By providing your own set of issues your edition will not be numbered as 1 of 20. This is the only distinction between the volumes. Your edition will be remarked and unique in every way though.

I honestly expected these to be sold out by now considering the low print run. I'm just stunned at how beautiful they look in the promo information. It would be awesome if all the copies went to board members. hm

On 4/5/2017 at 5:21 PM, Machinehd said:

In the email I received from OmahaBound when I ordered.  It also confirmed that all of the extras like the one shot strips made specifically for this would be included:

We have you down as supplying your own set of issues. 

Your edition will include the one shot and strips made specifically for this edition, signature and sketches by Matt on the interior of the books, and other extras.

By providing your own set of issues your edition will not be numbered as 1 of 20. This is the only distinction between the volumes. Your edition will be remarked and unique in every way though.

Wow - that's both surprising and disappointing.  So...it's not actually a limited edition of 20 if 10 people supply their own sets...is it?  And...if I DID supply my own set, I'd certainly hope/expect it to be part of the numbered edition as well.  It says right at the bottom of that ad page, "The entire project is limited to just 20 sets"

Edited by jjeanius

22 minutes ago, jjeanius said:

Wow - that's both surprising and disappointing.  So...it's not actually a limited edition of 20 if 10 people supply their own sets...is it?  And...if I DID supply my own set, I'd certainly hope/expect it to be part of the numbered edition as well.  It says right at the bottom of that ad page, "The entire project is limited to just 20 sets"

I believe the numbered sets deserve their own distinction. They come from books set aside by Matt Kindt himself. They are also signed/sketched by Matt. I think that deserves a numbering.

At the end of the day, you could always submit your run to a bindery requesting it be bound to the same exact specifications. I suppose the added pages wouldn't be there, but I believe there is enough to justify and differentiate the numbered sets while also allowing for submission of your own runs. This scenario leaves the most room to please multiple types of fans, and doesn't take away anyone's fun.

On 4/11/2017 at 7:51 AM, Comic_Diva said:

I honestly expected these to be sold out by now considering the low print run. I'm just stunned at how beautiful they look in the promo information. It would be awesome if all the copies went to board members. hm

While these sets are amazing, and I would LOVE to own one, the price tag is no small issue. I think this is an amazing item that would cater really well to fans who actually read. The problem is, most of them probably already have a run.

12 minutes ago, ParamagicFF said:

I believe the numbered sets deserve their own distinction. They come from books set aside by Matt Kindt himself. They are also signed/sketched by Matt. I think that deserves a numbering.

At the end of the day, you could always submit your run to a bindery requesting it be bound to the same exact specifications. I suppose the added pages wouldn't be there, but I believe there is enough to justify and differentiate the numbered sets while also allowing for submission of your own runs. This scenario leaves the most room to please multiple types of fans, and doesn't take away anyone's fun.

While these sets are amazing, and I would LOVE to own one, the price tag is no small issue. I think this is an amazing item that would cater really well to fans who actually read. The problem is, most of them probably already have a run.

Yeah, while it would be ideal to get my books stamped with the x/20, I plan on keeping these forever, so even without the numbering, it will still be very limited and unique to me.  With all of the other same extras thrown in, including Matt's sig and sketches...to me, that was worth the $200 savings to send in my own issues.  Maybe I'll get lucky and they won't sell out the 20 and I'll get a numbered stamp anyhow.:banana: