• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Update

206 posts in this topic

I would assume someone in CGC keeps metrics on quality (mislabeled), quantity (books in/out), and muda (waste). All of these charted out will tell management what needs to be adjusted and what can be cut.

Speaking of quality. In the last month I've received 298 graded books. 11 had label errors. That's 1 of every 27 (at least for my books) with a screw-up.

There's obviously a human keying in this info. It's easy to catch an errant date/title/etc...but what about the numeric grade? What if it's an 8.0 and it's late on a Friday and they key in a 6.0? Do clerical errors account for the variance in grading and the changes in grade upon resub?

Is this good? Bad? Discuss...

Remember when you could call in and get the grade each grader gave a book? Those were the days.

It feels like oh so long ago. Like when the fella would come out and wipe your windows and check your oil level. Ahhh - the days of gratis customer service.

GulfOil_1a.jpg

What is that fella wearing around his waist? :P

I think all the people repeatedly crying about the CGC's turn around times, lack of transparency, and conflicts of interest should be inducted into the "Crybaby Crew", and forever carry that as their custom title!

Thanks for reminding me about CGC's lack of transparency, sometimes the little things like this get forgotten. (thumbs u

Where do I get my membership card?? :/