• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Update

206 posts in this topic

Finally an update. I haven't submitted comics in over 6 months due to the long wait times. But now I feel confident enough to start resubmitting again knowing CGC is actively tackling the problem.

You do know that if you HAD submitted 6 months ago your books would be done. Now you are waiting till they catch up to submit hm

Some people doesn't like to have their books out of there possession for a lengthily amount of time. That's why I do all my books fast track.

Onsite grading.

Fast Track Onsite Grading, the new grading tier coming to a theater near you!

Just taking the time to address the issue (no matter how detailed) says a lot about CGC and their intentions on getting caught up. I really appreciate it plitch! This is one of many reasons why CGC is my favorite company :cloud9:

P.S. Can I buy stock in CGC? :insane:

Jerome

Fast Track Onsite Grading, the new grading tier coming to a theater near you!

Thank you for your suggestion. Look for the new tier at next month's Chicago on-site grading.

Thanks, Paul. Definitely appreciate you taking a moment to update us.

By sheer coincidence, my submission (Moderns) on 4/25 just got graded today. (All Walking Dead 9.8s, except Issue 15 was a 9.4 for some odd reason that I must have missed. Also a Thief of Thieves 1 9.8. I'm a happy camper!) :acclaim:

I plan on submitted more books shortly, especially hearing your update. Thanks again, Paul!

-Dane

So glad to see this post from CGC. Fool killer gave excellent advice. Communication is key.

Thank you

I'm not sure he was the only one requesting this. :baiting:

As someone who hasn't submitted in years (three or four maybe), I'm shellshocked at both the tiered pricing and delays. Updates are great...now show me progress, and I'll gladly fork over several thousands.

Finally an update. I haven't submitted comics in over 6 months due to the long wait times. But now I feel confident enough to start resubmitting again knowing CGC is actively tackling the problem.

You do know that if you HAD submitted 6 months ago your books would be done. Now you are waiting till they catch up to submit hm

It was my way of protesting against CGC for not acknowledging the long wait times and their lack of action to combat the problem. But now CGC has acknowledge the problem and presented a solution.

There's nothing in that statement that shows that you can expect turnaround times to decrease in any meaningful manner for a long time. Congrats to CGC for hiring more graders, but that was 6 weeks ago. TATs since then have only gone up.

The idea that the water's now fine and everything's back on track is laughable. I'm glad they're doing something, but they're still 70 business days behind on Value and Economy subs (3! months) and 35 business days behind on Moderns (7! weeks). I'd hold off on the champagne at this point.

Bingo! We have a winner! an_cheers.gif

I've been debating joining just for the 4 15 day coupons, but the turnaround times on anything else I'd submit during that year have caused me to hold off, and in one case (just a book I wanted slabbed, not to resell) submit to the competition, who don't seem to be having a problem with turnaround time.

I'll likely join when I see expected turnarounds below 90 days again.

in one case (just a book I wanted slabbed, not to resell) submit to the competition, who don't seem to be having a problem with turnaround time.

There's a few pretty dang good reason's that the competition doesn't have an issue with turnaround time... (thumbs u