• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Update

206 posts in this topic

Finally an update. I haven't submitted comics in over 6 months due to the long wait times. But now I feel confident enough to start resubmitting again knowing CGC is actively tackling the problem.

thanks for the update. much appreciated and should quell the pitchforks for a few months at least.

These are both funny statements. There's nothing in that statement that shows that you can expect turnaround times to decrease in any meaningful manner for a long time. Congrats to CGC for hiring more graders, but that was 6 weeks ago. TATs since then have only gone up.

The idea that the water's now fine and everything's back on track is laughable. I'm glad they're doing something, but they're still 70 business days behind on Value and Economy subs (3! months) and 35 business days behind on Moderns (7! weeks). I'd hold off on the champagne at this point.

I agree with Transplant on this one. And it's only gotten worse. They're now a full 80 business days behind "normal" turnaround times for the Value, Economy AND Modern tiers. Adding resources obviously hasn't been a major help (to this point anyway).

So what has changed in the last year to make turnaround times so slow? I can believe that volume has gone up, but I can't believe that it has gone up THAT much. Whatever it is, the "formula" isn't working. Maybe they (CGC) are too focused on symptoms and not the root causes of the problem. hm

Dude, it's called The Monopoly Blues. Can you imagine any company with competition surviving when they're 16 weeks behind schedule and only getting worse? Unless your only customer is the U.S. Government, you're not gonna last very long...

Dude, it's called The Monopoly Blues. Can you imagine any company with competition surviving when they're 16 weeks behind schedule and only getting worse? Unless your only customer is the U.S. Government, you're not gonna last very long...

You used your 10000th post on the CGC Boards to insult the CGC.

To tell you the truth, as there's never been any real competition, who's to say what a decent turnaround time is? Maybe as CGC grows, 16 weeks is just what it takes?
:facepalm:

To tell you the truth, as there's never been any real competition, who's to say what a decent turnaround time is? Maybe as CGC grows, 16 weeks is just what it takes?

I believe it should take less time to grade a comic then it did to -script, draw, color, print, and distribute the same comic... but that's just me.

I believe it should take less time to grade a comic then it did to -script, draw, color, print, and distribute the same comic... but that's just me.

I believe the children are the future

Hey TFL :hi:

Another wrist slap coming? hm

Hey TFL :hi:

You wish, poofta.

I'm still holding my breath for a fasttrack submission submitted for me by a friend.

Face is Turning blue........feeling faint.....In a tunnel I see a light.....down on one knee......

Phswwwwwweeee Breathe breathe breathe

Never mind. Not gonna play this game anymore.

May still submit but sure as heck won't hold my breath waiting for some reasonably in time service :sumo: