• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sales Thread To Benefit Aurora-Sellers Ship If Marked $PD on Page 1

342 posts in this topic

Collected by Treasurer: $9,000(including cash donations and payments for items)

THE FOLLOWING LIST IS A LIST OF ALL ITEMS THAT WERE SOLD. ANYTHING WITH $PD NEXT TO IT HAS BEEN PAID FOR. ANYTHING WITHOUT THAT SYMBOL DOES NOT YET HAVE A CONFIRMED PAYMENT. IF YOU SENT PAYMENT WITHOUT INDICATING YOUR BOARD NAME/SELLER'S NAME OR ITEMS PAYING FOR THEN WE MAY JUST NEED TO CONFIRM YOUR INFO. THANKS AGAIN! (sorry about the caps, but this bit is important)

$PD Hulk 180 CGC 6.5

$PD Archie Marries

$PD Marvel Weddings and Women of Marvel Vol II TPB's

$PD Astonishing X-Men (Whedon/Cassaday) TPBs 1-3, $15 for all three (I'll cover shipping to the US or Canada, 100% charity, please pay Treasurer)

$PD Will Eisner: The Best of The Preventative Maintenance Monthly

$PD The Tomb of Dracula: Day of Blood, Night of Redemtion" Issues 1 thru 4 Bookshelf/Trade Format

$PD Shazam: The Golden Age of the World's Mightiest Mortal

$PD Age of Apocalypse lot

Batman #404 CGC 9.8 White Pages

$PD Fantastic Four #371 CGC 9.8 1st print - $25 (comes with reader copy, 100% to charity, please pay Treasurer).

$PD Underground Classics: The Transformation of Comics into Comix

$PD Fantastic Four #371 CGC 9.8 2nd print - $35 (comes with reader copy, 100% to charity, please pay Treasurer)

$PD Shadroch Grab Bag

$PD Strange Tales 137, 153, 154, 160, 166, 171, 173, 176, 177 all G/VG or better

$PD For sale are the first two tpbs for chew, both first prints and signed by Rob.

$PD All-Star Squadron lot- Issues 1-9, 12,16, 23-25, 28, 30, 31, 35-42, 44-46, 48-54, Annual #3

$PD FANTASTIC FOUR #94 CGC 9.0 OWW

$PD Mego Batmobile

$PD Terry Goodkind Sword of Truth books? George R.R. Martin

Mega Man Anniversary Collection, contains 10 classic titles - $10 (original XBox game which is backward compatible)

$PD Prince of Persio: The Sands of Time - $5 (original XBox game which is backward compatible)

$PD Dead to Rights - $5 (original XBox game which is backward compatible)

$PD Homefront - $10

$PD Halo 3 - $10

$PD Guitar Hero Metallica - $20

$PD Rockband AC/DC Live track pack - $5

$PD (sborock lot of six books) Thor #264 9.8 white pages, Countdown #51 "DC Nation Edition" 9.6 white pages, Daredevil #104 8.5 white pages, Daredevil #134 8.0 off-white to white pages, Secret Invasion #1 "Dynamic Forces Edition" 9.8 white pages, G.I. Joe #133 9.6 white pages

THUVIA MAID OF MARS by Edgar Rice Burroughs - Grosset & Dunlap 1920

$PD Jack Kirby HC Two-fer

$PD Thor 151

$PD Weird Fantasy 6 $45.00 (date stame Jan 31 Mid-C)

$PD Haunt of Fear 17 $48.00

$PD Weird Science 11 $45.00

$PD The Haunt of Fear 24 $40.00

$PD Crime Suspense Stories 8 $40.00

$PD King Size Hulk Special 1 $20.00 (Some spine wear at the top, splits from back cover)

$PD Silver Surfer 1 $60.00 (tape on spine of book, front cover splits away from spine)

$PD ALL FOUR! Comicalgems Grab Bags (4 Available)

$PD 2nd Shadroch Grab Bag

$PD I will donate a VF/VF+ copy of Tales of Suspense 76.

R. Crumb's Heroes of Blues, Jazz & Country

$PD The Art of Daniel Clowes, Modern Cartoonist

$PD The Art of Jaime Hernandez

$PD Heavy Metal # 1 (CGC 9.8) $375 shipped

$PD New X-Men 114 (first issue of Morrison/Quitely run) CGC 9.8

Batman #289 (Grell Cover and Art) CGC 9.2 OW/W

$PD Morning Glories 1 CGC 9.8

$PD Swamp Thing 1 CGC 7.0

New Mutants 87 9.8w

$PD Detective Comics 404 - CGC 8.5 OW/W, Neal Adams c/a - donation price $100

$PD Batman 245 - CGC 8.5 OW (old label), Neal Adams c/a - donation price $80

Detective Comics 425 CGC 8.5

$PD Sketch cover from Yours Truly

$PD The THING #16 CGC 9.0 C/OW $150

$PD KIMOTA

$PD LADY GAG ME WACKY PACKAGE PENCIL SKETCH

$PD Spider-Man 1 CGC SS 9.8 Todd McFarlane UPC Gold Edition

$PD The Marvels Project 1 CGC 9.8 SS (Sad Thanos)

$PD World's Finest 65 VG/F

$PD Straight from SDCC, signed Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers Omnibus (Softcover) signed and sketched by Gilbert Shelton.

$PD Iron Man #285 CGC 9.8 & Iron Man #286 CGC 9.8: $45 for the pair

$PD Vintage Comics/Related books: HCs w/Dust-Jackets & Paperbacks:

$PD complete run of Ultimate Fantastic Four

$PD "Mermaid Myth"

$PD New Mutants 98 CGC 9.2

$PD Our Fighting Forces 15 CGC 6.5, Our Army At War 24, GI Combat 6

$PD Early 50's Pulp Lot

$PD Incredible Hulk 112 CGC 9.4 Off White Savannah Pedigree

$PD JIM 121 CGC 8.0 White Pages $85

$PD Batman Adventures #12 1st Harley Quinn CGC 9.6 White pages, pressed $149.99

$PD Batman #372 CGC 9.8 White pages, pressed $35.00

$PD Superboy 1 to 11 (2011 set by Jeff Lemire - good read)

$PD Blue Beetle 1 to 5 (DC's New 52)

$PD Frankenstein and the Creatures of the Unknown 1 to 3 (set by Jeff Lemire

$PD Set of early 90s Wonder Woman books

$PD Captain America 110 CGC 9.0

$PD DC Special #16 OWW - 9.8 - $100

$PD Incredible Hulk 154 & 165 Both CGC 9.4

$PD Lot of DC New 52 books $180

$PD Gerber Guides

$PD ASM 238 CGC 8.0

$PD avengers #100 white pgs

$PD Fantastic Four #3

$PD WD 100 SDCC, all 5

$PD ASM 100

$PD ASM 129

$PD ASM 300

$PD Secret Wars 8

$PD Fantasy Masterpieces 1-10

$PD Tales to Astonish #55

IMPORTANT! When making payment please note your board ID, ID of seller. And item you're paying for. Or if it's a donation please note that as well. This helps the Treasurer. Thank You All so much! You're making me very proud of this community!

I've seen time and again this community come together when one of our own is in need. Like all of you I was shocked and appalled by the events in Aurora, Colorado. I feel a compulsion to do what I can to help the victims and their families. The place I'm starting is here in this community. I know that the people here are some of the most awesome people out there and I know that all of us share in the pain of what happened. Let us do what we can for those who are feeling it most.

I will be making contact with organizations and people serving the Aurora, Colorado area to determine the best place for our funds to be disbursed. American Red Cross in the area is no longer accepting donations specific to this cause, but there are others out there. There will be families that need assistance with everything medical and some sadly with funeral costs.

I've posted this in gold/silver/bronze but any age of item that you want to donate is absolutely fine. Please don't be discouraged to post Copper or Modern items in this thread.

The Ground Rules-please Read and PM me with questions.

1. :takeit: in the thread to confirm all purchases-if buyer wants to be anonymous then the seller must post that item is no longer available.

2. Anyone in good standing may post an item for sale does not have to be a comic, but it is encouraged to be a comic or at least comic related. Feel free to post multiple items.

3. No probation or HOS allowed to purchase.

4. Cash donations accepted.

5. Sellers may set percentage of sale that will go to benefit. (this option is to encourage big ticket items) Anything not marked with a percentage will be assumed to be 100%.

6. Seller's option on whether shipping is included in sale price.

7. After seller has received payment for item then seller must send funds to official treasurer.

8. If seller prefers then buyer may pay official treasurer directly but payment will need to be confirmed by official treasurer prior to items shipping.

Official Treasurer for this effort is sborock and payments should be made to him via PayPal, I'll be glad to provide his info via PM.

"Archie Marries"

Cost: $24.95

Notes: I pay shipping, 100% of the proceeds to charity and buyer pays the treasurer.

Book Details:

The eternal love triangle that has been the cornerstone of Archie comics for almost seven decades is finally untangled in this seven-part story written by Michael Uslan and illustrated by veteran Archie artist Stan Goldberg. The journey begins when Archie finds himself strolling up Memory Lane, and marries the wealthy and cultured Veronica Lodge. Later we see what happens when he strolls down Memory Lane and marries the wholesome, peppy girl next door, Betty Cooper.

This pivotal series of seven issues is bound in hardcover, encased in a double diecut slipcase, and packaged with a reprint of a classic Archie comic. The book includes all-new material created especially for this edition, including -script outtakes, never-before-seen sketches, annotations, vintage covers, and exclusive interviews with the creators.

archie.jpg

archiea.jpg

"Marvel Weddings and Women of Marvel Vol II TPB's"

Cost: $25.00 for both

Notes: I pay shipping, 100% of the proceeds to charity and buyer pays the treasurer.

Book Details:

The Scarlet Witch Gives Birth! The Lady Liberators! Spider-Woman, plus 4 Women-Centric Classics from The Uncanny X-Men.

Weddings! Reed & Sue, Peter & MJ! Scott & Jean! Bruce & Betty!

women-1.jpg

"Will Eisner: The Best of The Preventative Maintenance Monthly"

Cost: $21.95

Book Details:

Will Eisner—best known for his influential comic book series The Spirit and his groundbreaking graphic novel A Contract with God—believed in the teaching power of comics, and from 1951 to 1971 he produced PS magazine for the U.S. Army. This Preventive Maintenance Monthly (called PS because it was a postscript to the standard technical manuals) was aimed at teaching American soldiers everything about weapons safety for vehicles, aircraft, firearms, and electronics. Eisner illustrated these vital lessons in drawings, pinups, step-by-step guides, and comic strips. This collection contains the best of Eisner’s 227 issues of PS, reproduced in a portable digest format. This relatively unknown work by Eisner is finally explored—the missing link between his comic books and his later, more mature graphic novel style.

will.jpg

"The Tomb of Dracula: Day of Blood, Night of Redemtion" Issues 1 thru 4 Bookshelf/Trade Format

Cost: $25.00/set - all NM/NM+

Book Details:

Years after the legendary series ended, Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan re-united for a chilling 4 issue thriller that upped the ante in all respects. Spooky stuff!

tod.jpg

Age of Apocalypse lot - $30 (I'll cover shipping to the US, 100% charity, please pay Treasurer).

SOLD

Most issues 8.0-9.0, assume these are readers. Includes these issues:

Legionquest Gold Foil TPB

X-Men Chronicles #1 and #2

Age of Apocalypse: The Chosen

X-Men #40

Tales from the Age of Apocalypse: By the Light and Sinister Bloodlines (Sinister Bloodlines is Brian K. Vaughan's first ever writing credit :baiting: ) Prestige Format

X-Men Alpha (x2) and X-Men Omega

Astonishing X-Men #1-4

Amazing X-Men #1-4

Gambit and the X-Ternals #1-4

Weapon X #1-4

Extra copies: Amazing X-Men #1, Gambit and the X-Ternals #1, Weapon X #4

100_2839.jpg

100_2840.jpg

100_2841.jpg

100_2843.jpg

100_2845.jpg

100_2846.jpg

100_2847.jpg

100_2849.jpg

100_2851.jpg

100_2852.jpg

Batman #404 CGC 9.8 White Pages

Price: $75.00 shipped ***SOLD***

NOTES: Pay Treasurer directly and PM me your details/address.

Batman404-0135882011-fc.jpg

"Underground Classics: The Transformation of Comics into Comix"

Cost: $32.50

Book Details:

The impact of American underground comix is profound: They galvanized artists both domestically and abroad; they forever changed the economics of comic book publishing; and they influenced generations of cartoonists, including their predecessors. While the works of Robert Crumb and Art Spiegelman are well-known via the New Yorker, Maus, and retrospective collections, the art of their contemporaries such as Gilbert Shelton, Trina Robbins, Justin Green, Kim Deitch, S. Clay Wilson, and many other seminal cartoonists who came of age in the 1960s is considerably less known.

Underground Classics provides the first serious survey of underground comix as art, turning the spotlight on these influential and largely underappreciated artists. Essays from curators James Danky and Denis Kitchen, alongside essays by Paul Buhle, Patrick Rosenkranz, Jay Lynch, and Trina Robbins, offer a thorough reflection and appraisal of the underground movement. Over 125 original drawings, paintings, sculptures, and artifacts are featured, loaned from private collections and the artists themselves, making Underground Classics indispensible for the seriousminded comics fan and for the casual reader alike.

und.jpg

"Shazam: The Golden Age of the World's Mightiest Mortal"

Cost: $35.00

Book Details:

Shazam made his debut in Whiz Comics in 1940, and outsold his biggest competitor, Superman, by 14 million copies a month. It wasn’t long before a variety of merchandise was licensed—secret decoders, figurines, buttons, paper rockets, tin toys, puzzles, costumes—and a fan club was created to keep up with the demand. These collectibles now sell for outrageous prices on eBay or in comic book stores and conventions. Seventy years later, an unprecedented assortment of these collectibles are gathered together by award-winning writer/designer Chip Kidd and photographer Geoff Spear. Join Kidd, Spear, and the World’s Mightiest Mortal in this first, fully authorized celebration of ephemera, artwork, and rare, one-of-a-kind toys, and recapture the magic that was Shazam!

Praise for Shazam!:

"Superman has always gotten more press, but Captain Marvel may be the greatest expression of comics' optimism: A young boy says a magical word and turns into the World's Mightiest Mortal. Chip Kidd and Geoff Spear's gorgeous new book, Shazam! The Golden Age of the World's Mightiest Mortal (ABRAMS) pays tribute to the hero's bright colors and medium-spanning stories, all lovingly displayed in Kidd's signature style . . . It's a coffee-table book that provides a glimpse into a world where the powers of the gods are just an acronym away."

-The Onion's A.V. Club

"This is a collector's dream: Page after page of Captain Marvel art, premiums, posters, toys, and ephemera from the biggest-selling superhero of all time . . . This book is a true time capsule and worthy of any comic fan's bookshelf."

--USATODAY.com

shazam.jpg

I'll take this

I am offering one of my famous(some would say infamous) grab bags.

$50 paid to the treasurer and I'll send you the grab bag of all grab-bags. You'll get some SA books, HG Bronze books, copper books, modern books TPBs, a lithograph, some mylars, some promo stuff and much more. Shipping is on me in the lower 48 states. At cost minus ten dollars anywhere else.

Only one available. First :takeit: wins it all.

I am offering one of my famous(some would say infamous) grab bags.

$50 paid to the treasurer and I'll send you the grab bag of all grab-bags. You'll get some SA books, HG Bronze books, copper books, modern books TPBs, a lithograph, some mylars, some promo stuff and much more. Shipping is on me in the lower 48 states. At cost minus ten dollars anywhere else.

Only one available. First :takeit: wins it all.

:takeit:

Please pay the treasury.

Strange Tales 137, 153, 154, 160, 166, 171, 173, 176, 177 all G/VG or better

Sorry for the iPhone picture

photo33-1.jpg

$30 for all or whatever you can donate.

Again, my thoughts and prayers go out to the families.

"Underground Classics: The Transformation of Comics into Comix"

Cost: $32.50

Book Details:

The impact of American underground comix is profound: They galvanized artists both domestically and abroad; they forever changed the economics of comic book publishing; and they influenced generations of cartoonists, including their predecessors. While the works of Robert Crumb and Art Spiegelman are well-known via the New Yorker, Maus, and retrospective collections, the art of their contemporaries such as Gilbert Shelton, Trina Robbins, Justin Green, Kim Deitch, S. Clay Wilson, and many other seminal cartoonists who came of age in the 1960s is considerably less known.

Underground Classics provides the first serious survey of underground comix as art, turning the spotlight on these influential and largely underappreciated artists. Essays from curators James Danky and Denis Kitchen, alongside essays by Paul Buhle, Patrick Rosenkranz, Jay Lynch, and Trina Robbins, offer a thorough reflection and appraisal of the underground movement. Over 125 original drawings, paintings, sculptures, and artifacts are featured, loaned from private collections and the artists themselves, making Underground Classics indispensible for the seriousminded comics fan and for the casual reader alike.

und.jpg

I'll take it! :takeit: