• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How does CGC treat signatures on the inside of the book?

6 posts in this topic

Hi there, first time posting a question here, so I hopefully I do it right, but...

If I submit a Cerebus #1 (of which many copies are signed) How is this treated? I believe I have seen blue label copies of this book that say it has been signed, but I might have been dreaming.

Thanks in advance for the info.

I have a question related to this so I'll try here instead of making a new thread -

How is it determined if the label lists the signature on the inside? For instance "Stan Lee written on First Page" ?

And then if a Universal label book with an above notation was submitted for SS would it retain the above information along with the new info regarding the witnessed signature?

• Administrator

If the signature is considered to be legible by the grader, then the name will be listed on the label. If a witnessed signature is added to the comic, the unwitnessed signature would still be noted on the label as writing.

Does this mean that if I get a book signed by Stan Lee without a CGC witness that the label on the CGC would read "writing" and not be considered part of the signature series and have "signed by stan lee" on the label?

• Administrator

It would either read: Name written on # page or "Stan Lee" written on # page (if the signature was legible) but it would not say Signed by if a witness were not present at the time of the signing.