• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TIME MACHINE! Sealed boxes from the distributor. Will I find a 9.9?
1 1

165 posts in this topic

Wish me luck!

I recently acquired 7 sealed boxes. They came straight from the distributor and have never been opened. The boxes appear to be solid and intact.

Other than buying a graded book, I think this may be my best shot at finding the elusive 9.9 book.

Does anyone have any advice? I don't want to open up a bag of worms, but should the candidates be sent off for pressing first?

My plans are to put on some latex gloves and to carefully remove and examine each book.

...yes. My girlfriend thinks I've lost my mind!

What do you guys think?

By the way, if anyone has ANY Spawn 9.9 slabs...I've been known to pay top dollar.

hahaha 0729121351_0001.jpg

Edited by newshane

When it comes to 9.9 hunting you have to wade through a lot of and spend/waste a lot of money.

I'm almost scared to ask what the heck you're planning on doing with 1400 copies of Spawn books! :ohnoez:

I'm going to wade through them in search of gems.

Otherwise I guess I will sell them for .25 a piece. :P

Thanks for the well-wishes Speedmaster!

I know this might turn out to be a colossal waste of money, but I'm not sure if there is a better way to find perfect copies of these books. (shrug)

I guess either way this will be a learning experience for me.

Wading through 1,000+ books is going to take me a looong time but I will keep you guys updated.

...anyone care to make an offer on my rejects? :P

Thanks for the well-wishes Speedmaster!

I know this might turn out to be a colossal waste of money, but I'm not sure if there is a better way to find perfect copies of these books. (shrug)

I guess either way this will be a learning experience for me.

Wading through 1,000+ books is going to take me a looong time but I will keep you guys updated.

...anyone care to make an offer on my rejects? :P

Yes, if you pay me $500, :takeit:

:baiting:

Does anyone still collect Spawn? I'm thinking you spent too much on kindling. (shrug)

From an investment standpoint, it is horrible. I don't collect for investment purposes. I collect Spawn because I enjoy the art and love the character.

One man's trash is another's treasure?

Like I said, I have lots of cash ready for slabbed 9.9s and would consider raw books if they had an honest-to-goodness chance. So if anyone wants to dump off any "garbage" then let me know.

..and yes, in a pinch these would make great kindling or toilet paper, so I don't feel like it's a total loss.

Does anyone still collect Spawn? I'm thinking you spent too much on kindling. (shrug)

From an investment standpoint, it is horrible. I don't collect for investment purposes. I collect Spawn because I enjoy the art and love the character.

One man's trash is another's treasure?

Like I said, I have lots of cash ready for slabbed 9.9s and would consider raw books if they had an honest-to-goodness chance. So if anyone wants to dump off any "garbage" then let me know.

..and yes, in a pinch these would make great kindling or toilet paper, so I don't feel like it's a total loss.

Touche' (thumbs u

What would a CGC 9.9 or CGC 10 go for?

I didn't see any recent 9.9 sales on gpa. All the ones I saw were from 2006-2009 and went for $80-200. I don't know what issues he has or even what issues of Spawn are more valuable. Than other but I guess $100-200 (shrug)

i think it's a great experiment. There's lots about the comic collecting hobby that doesn't involve money. Please keep track of your project and share your story. (thumbs u

Out of curiosity, why is this thread in this forum? (shrug)

I was just wondering what everyone thought about my chances looking through a sealed box from the distributor. Is there a 9.9 somewhere in there?

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum. It's grade-related so I thought it was appropriate to post here.