• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think Tank

1,138 posts in this topic

IGN gave #2 a 9.5/10 and had this to say about it and I couldn't agree more!

"This is grand comic booking. Think Tank #2 is really, really great. Two issues in, and this series has me hook, line, and sinker. The story, the characters, the dialogue, the artwork, all of it is terrific. Whereever this series is going, I'm going with it. Get on board with Think Tank, folks. It's a book you need to read."

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/09/06/think-tank-2-review

I think we'll see increasing interest in Top Cow books when Cyber Force hits the stand as a free limited series. That is an incredibly bold move by Silvestri and company and is sure to be well received by the media and fans. Think Tank is one of my favorite books to read and has been since the first issue which I absolutely loved. I wish I could get my hands on an unsigned copy of the ashcan. Does anyone know when the ashcan was distributed?

Definitely the most thought provoking book out at the moment. I just wish I had more #1's and not from a speculative point of view just for my collection because I love the characters and story.

This came up a while ago with reference to the Saga #1 RRP.

Why would you want multiple copies for your collection? I could understand one as a reader and one to keep pristine, but if they are not for speculation then what's the point? I genuinely don't understand it. Do you get them all out and look at them in a row together or what? (shrug)

Definitely the most thought provoking book out at the moment. I just wish I had more #1's and not from a speculative point of view just for my collection because I love the characters and story.

Why would you want multiple copies for your collection? I could understand one as a reader and one to keep pristine, but if they are not for speculation then what's the point? I genuinely don't understand it. Do you get them all out and look at them in a row together or what? (shrug)

:roflmao: Yeah I spread them all out in a circle and then sit in the middle butt naked staring at them.

I don't know why really, I just like the idea of having 3 of a comic I love. Maybe to pass on or give to a friend. Keep one fresh in storage, one out on display and another reading copy. (shrug)

:roflmao: Yeah I spread them all out in a circle and then sit in the middle butt naked staring at them and touching myself.

I don't know why really, I just like the idea of having 3 of a comic I love. Maybe to pass on or give to a friend. Keep one fresh in storage, one out on display and another reading copy. (shrug)

Fixed for you. Hadn't considered keeping extras for friends - that's a cool idea! I guess it makes more sense with cheap/new moderns as well where the outlay isn't that huge.

Personally it makes me feel like a bad to have a multiples of books I like.

True story

I had my LCS put it on my pull list and he told me #3 is already on back order.

Interesting. hm

I actually really dig the story. #1 was a good stand alone book, but #2 adds a nice beginning of an escape arc. The art is great. Even the post content (author notes / sketches) is really interesting.

As I mentioned before, this is my new fav.

Ryan

I'm really shocked that this title has flown under the radar so far. I think it was significantly under ordered b/c everyone believed that it was a limited series. It'll be interesting to see where the sales for this series are in a year's time. I hope that people give it a try. It is one of my favorite books to read each month. The plot is great, the art is awesome and the writer does a fantastic job in the letter section to provide fascinating information to readers about science and technology featured in the plot. I'm still trying to figure out where the ashcan was distributed. If anyone knows the answer to that question, I'd appreciate it if they would share that information.

My LCS actually got the book for me regardless. I was confused but happy. The thrid installment, I think, only works to prove this is a strong book.

At the end of every issue I want more.

This title just gets better and better! Loved issue #3!

I dont tend to push books on people but Ive been telling everyone I know to read this title. Not only is it a great read, the super small print runs will have those who got in early glad they did.