• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dagwood Splits the Atom?

10 posts in this topic

How common is the "Dagwood Splits the Atom" promotional comic, and is it a fun read? I know the guide value is low, but I might have the chance to get a copy owned by a friend of Joe Musial, and that was signed by Lt. General Leslie Adams. Anyway just curious what this comic is like and if it is worth pursuing (what it might be worth with the signature -- if that even affects value), etc.

How common is the "Dagwood Splits the Atom" promotional comic, and is it a fun read? I know the guide value is low, but I might have the chance to get a copy owned by a friend of Joe Musial, and that was signed by Lt. General Leslie Adams. Anyway just curious what this comic is like and if it is worth pursuing (what it might be worth with the signature -- if that even affects value), etc.

I have a copy, with the envelope. It is a fun read with good illustrations. If you can get it cheaply, then go for it.

... owned by a friend of Joe Musial, and that was signed by Lt. General Leslie Adams.

Lt. General Leslie GROVES?

That's what I was thinking too.

Huh. That's what the guy said in email. Must be confused. Will let you know how this plays out (or "if" it plays out).

Thanks. I thought it might be a warehouse find, so I'll price accordingly.

With 500 copies in just one box, there may be thousands of around in warehouses still. Diamond has sold copies of this nonstop on eBay for several years now, at prices ranging from 9.99 to around 40 bucks. Still a nice item with the original envelope. And signed? (thumbs u

There's another version, a special issue of Topix. (scans from comics.org)

128722.jpg.d2d0e563fb1a54e85ae6b0ae391779c5.jpg

128723.jpg.647e97a7dacf175c228cdd8ca4b41ce0.jpg