• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Larry Stroman: Reputable?
2 2

114 posts in this topic

I can wait no prob . I think sometimes life happens delays happen that’s cool. This was not the case . It’s repetitive predatory behaviour . You know people that are fans ( as was I ) will send money to you full well knowing deep down your intent is to rip them off . 

let’s not sugar coat this or feel sorry for a guy who does this . It’s terrible ! It’s criminal and completely unacceptable. 

On 5/9/2020 at 11:56 AM, Will_K said:

It's not the same piece.  It's a different piece.  And maybe a different victim ??

Looks like the same piece (if we're talking about the Spidey), but a flipped photo.....

He’s so bad at ripping people off it’s mind blowing . I paid for that finished art in March. He posts these on Instagram , people pay him for finished art that never ships . How can you post a new Spiderman piece when the old one never went out . 

He’s a scammer . Maybe because of my posts all over the net some people may get art . I’d never hang this guy on my wall . He doesn’t deserve it 

He removed my piece which he did relist on CAF the same day I was forced to file PayPal claim to get my money back . I won’t remove my posts as someone out there I hope will read these stay away from this piece of trash .

i left last comment in his listing.

A1342F74-32B6-4EDF-A5B5-9A021897BA5D.png

Edited by Subby1938

On 5/13/2020 at 12:16 PM, Will_K said:

Top: Stroman's Spidey presumably for @Subby1938 (5/6/2020)

vs

Bottom: Stroman's latest Spidey (5/9/2020)

stromanspidey20200506.jpg

stromanspidey20200509.jpg

I was referring to this pic.

On 5/5/2020 at 11:24 PM, Subby1938 said:

This guy is terrible . Unless you see him in person DO NOT send him money . He will never ship you art. His whole game is to talk to you and sell his art cheap . Once he has your payment he ghosts you and hopes you didn’t cover your tracks using PayPal business payment . I paid him March 19/2020 for finished art he never sent . He made me file a PayPal claim to get my money back . Just a scum bag . He went  so far to take picture with art I supposedly bought only to never ship it . He actually removed all my comments and blocked me from Instagram , messenger , Facebook and refused to respond to emails I sent via PayPal.

BTW PayPal sided with me. For 180.00 bucks I have to ask was it worth smearing your rep as an artist and hurting a fan? In these crazy times of Covid where money is tight  I chose to send you some of mine in good faith  for art you advertised and you rip me off? 

STAY AWAY!!!

707E2883-5586-496C-84FE-6DA231FF274A.png

That second pic in your post is kind of junky compared to the first one. 

I suspect Kwan had something to do with it, or maybe it was coincidence but I got the piece from Larry- so December to May which is not bad.   I don't like the ghosting, and again, Veronica and I do a lot of commissions and we stay in contact with the buyer just like we do with publishers. 

I have no doubt people will get drawings now because I’ve made a social media stink . He will go back to his old ways again . It’s a shame . All I wanted was the art I paid  for . He told me 4 weeks for new commission and the spider piece was already done . Burned me on both . 

3 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

I have no doubt people will get drawings now because I’ve made a social media stink . He will go back to his old ways again . It’s a shame . All I wanted was the art I paid  for . He told me 4 weeks for new commission and the spider piece was already done . Burned me on both . 

Bro- it has nothing to do with your posts.. Larry will be Larry some people will get stuff easy peezey some it will take forever some will never see it.. he is the epitome of the temperamental artist... and has a long history of this. If I recall properly he had the same act when he was working for publishers. 

Just wanted to add to this topic. I paid Larry for a bunch of sketches and commissions back in 2014. He completed more than half go them and sent me pics. This dragged on over a few years. Now I haven't heard from him in years. He won't respond to email, he blocked me on Facebook and he won't send the pieces we paid for. I suggested he send just the ones that are already done and refund the difference, or just refund all the money. No response. I've tried everything I can think of to reach out to him and try to get him to respond and follow through but nothing. All I can think is he just wants to keep the money and not send or finish the pieces requested. And I feel even worse because a friend of mine saw what he started for me and order two full commissions as well. Larry finished one of his and again, won't respond to him, or send any art. It's been over 6 years and I don't know what to do. 

17 hours ago, Garu said:

Just wanted to add to this topic. I paid Larry for a bunch of sketches and commissions back in 2014. He completed more than half go them and sent me pics. This dragged on over a few years. Now I haven't heard from him in years. He won't respond to email, he blocked me on Facebook and he won't send the pieces we paid for. I suggested he send just the ones that are already done and refund the difference, or just refund all the money. No response. I've tried everything I can think of to reach out to him and try to get him to respond and follow through but nothing. All I can think is he just wants to keep the money and not send or finish the pieces requested. And I feel even worse because a friend of mine saw what he started for me and order two full commissions as well. Larry finished one of his and again, won't respond to him, or send any art. It's been over 6 years and I don't know what to do. 

You did do something . You posted your story so others can read it and hope to stay away from that garbage. I hope to meet him one day in person if he’s stupid enough to come to Canada . Let’s say he wouldn’t feel comfortable