• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win a Amazing Spider-man #6 signed by Stan Lee plus more.

Whould you want to participate  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Whould you want to participate

36 posts in this topic

Hey guys - I was thinking about setting up a donation button on my site and after we receive 45 donates of $25 I was going to give away 4 prizes.

11x14 Full Color art (which feature Bleez supergirl and wonder woman) work by Rich Hennemme

ASM 194 (1st Black Cat) CGC 8.0

One of these books Batman 608 (2nd printing) sign by Jim lee,

ASM 119 &120 VF/NM or my New Mutant 98 NM

And the Grand Daddy prize (worship) ASM #6 CGC 5.0 (1st Lizard) Signed by Stan Lee

It would be for this forum only and the winners would be announced on this forum.

I'm not sure if this would work so I would like your feedback. What do you think?

Any feedback would be appreciated

I'm new too, so take this for what its worth, but in the case of this being like a lottery, that's a lot of money for a ticket. Your analogy to spend $25 for a chance to win ASM 6 autographed is not fair in a way. I mean people spend way less for a chance to win millions in a lotto and that's something people know is reliable. You have no time limit either. If you had a time limit then things would be a little different.

Not only that, the people who would buy it have to rely on another 44 people to do the same thing, and when you are new and doing it on a forum that's not likely you will get that many at all.

How long would the people who donated have to wait? Would u give money back after a set amount of time?

Why not just sell some stuff on the board to make the money for the design of your site? Like selling that ASM 6 here. That would be a much easier way to make the money here. Just sell all those things you wanna use as prizes. You getting a bunch of the money and prizes are sold, the comics would be given away anyway.

Ok sounds like a bad idea -

Kinda ballzy to have 35 posts then start a post asking for $1100 for a site design.

Sorry but rather lame

I'm giving back, I don't understand. I'm giving away prizes. It's not like I'm asking for money and you get nothing in return.

I think that if all the money raised was donated to charity, like you suggest, this is a good idea.

I just think a few board members got bored on a holiday monday and decided to take off their diapers opting for this thread.

ok...send me $100 and I'll send you a prize.

Deal?

WOW man it was just an idea - Sending you $100 for a blind prize is different then send $25 for a chance to win $800 prize and with me only taking 45 entries you had a 1 in 45 chance of getting a $800 book. Make me an offer like that and I'm in