• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Win a Amazing Spider-man #6 signed by Stan Lee plus more.

Whould you want to participate  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Whould you want to participate

36 posts in this topic

Just sell the prizes you were going to give out here.

You will get close to the money you asking for entries and the people who really want the comics get what they want. Would be a lot quicker too.

I know I know - I just figure give the people who can't afford the book a chance to win it. STUPID STUPID ME doh!

what is the 800$ book?

He was prob talking about signed ASM 6 5.0 that went for $575 in March

Yea that is what I thought but as you so nicely pointed out its not an 800$ book.

ok...send me $100 and I'll send you a prize.

Deal?

WOW man it was just an idea - Sending you $100 for a blind prize is different then send $25 for a chance to win $800 prize and with me only taking 45 entries you had a 1 in 45 chance of getting a $800 book. Make me an offer like that and I'm in

You have it for sale on your site for $795. That doesn't make it an $800 book.

If it were for a charity, it might fly. As all this is doing is giving you money and you moving some merchandise you can't sell- its a very bad idea.

I just PM'd a member a number between 1 and 45. Send me $25 and choose a number between 1 and 45. After I get it, I'll ask the member to post the PM to show the number was selected before you chose..

If you picked the right number, I'll send you $800 in CGC books.i'll even post a list that you can choose from.

I'm selling it on my site for $795 - It's all semantics we all know a book is worth what someone is willing to buy it for. It's all irrelevant. You guys gave me great feedback even if it was a little harsh "Columbia Comics" ha - Thanks guys back to the drawing board

ok...send me $100 and I'll send you a prize.

Deal?

WOW man it was just an idea - Sending you $100 for a blind prize is different then send $25 for a chance to win $800 prize and with me only taking 45 entries you had a 1 in 45 chance of getting a $800 book. Make me an offer like that and I'm in

You have it for sale on your site for $795. That doesn't make it an $800 book.

If it were for a charity, it might fly. As all this is doing is giving you money and you moving some merchandise you can't sell- its a very bad idea.

I just PM'd a member a number between 1 and 45. Send me $25 and choose a number between 1 and 45. After I get it, I'll ask the member to post the PM to show the number was selected before you chose..

If you picked the right number, I'll send you $800 in CGC books.i'll even post a list that you can choose from.

Again it was just an idea - dumb one but an idea. I did not post it as an official contest I wanted to get feedback on if it was something I should do and how to make it work. I DID NOT START A CONTEST AND ASK ANYBODY FOR MONEY. HAHA Dont kill me guys for a bad idea (even though I still think it was kind of a decent idea)

I think it's an interesting concept - but I'm going to guess that the resistance comes from people being skeptical to if and how the prizes actually get awarded. Yes, you stated they'd be posted here - but people (of all walks of life) have a distrust for raffles. I know I do.

Plus, you're new - Boardies here are protective and skeptical of new people. My suggestion is that you be part of the community, get to know people and all that - then float an idea. You won't meet as much resistance for sure.

WTTB!

Plus, you're new - Boardies here are protective and skeptical of new people. My suggestion is that you be part of the community, get to know people and all that - then float an idea. You won't meet as much resistance for sure.

Yeah, some people shlt all over me and my intentions here when I first got here a few weeks ago.

People I have done biz with and others who have helped have made the experience better.