• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

Hey, it's still cheaper than that Red Sonja #7 SS on Pedigree. I never bid on that #3. Just sat there watching with my jaw hanging open. I usually just wait 'til Sunday to see where everything is at, but I kept checking on that one. I just couldn't believe my eyes. I figured I'd just grab the one from Metropolis, but it was sold. I thought that's the one you got. They never did respond to my counter-offer on the #7, but $200.00 is just effing nuts. Two and a half months later it still sits there. Calling to me. I think we need counseling.

9 any one but what one ?

This second print is news to me so I ask how many colectors know about it ?

Wizardseye has both !

I do know if you google search you get nothing ?

1178.jpg

So who has what?

Joe has a first print

Gyro has a second print

Rich has a first print

Wizard has both

Jason has a first print

Rocky has a first print

-----------------

It may be fair to figure that Rich acounts for all the ss in first and second print

that would make all 4 regular first print acounted for and 2 out of the 5 second print acounted for ?

So my quest for a first print is based on a new 9.8 being born !

:)

Edited by gyro-1

Wow !!!

I was wondering the other day why no one dose with red sonja what they do with the Emma Frost and get a bunch of artists to do ss Sketch covers ?

Dont you think Ebas would do a cool red sonja ?

And hes only 600$

Pure speculation about the printing of marvel feature v2 issue 4 and 5

I have read that marvel printed the pence books early to ship over to uk

now if you look close at the 30 cent price varients you see that they are identical to the pence versions in the price area

So would it not be logical that they were printed at the same time ?

So they print a few thousand for uk a few thousand for california and other price increase areas and few more thousand more for mark jeweler near army bases then a bunch for everywere else ?

Now how do I find were these were printed other than printed in usa?

and print runs ?

Any ideas ?

The problem is that the Red Sonja #25 blank cover has so much gloss on it that it's almost impossible to do a sketch on it. Paul Abrams did a nude one for me last year, and he person_without_enough_empathyed the whole time. I even gave him two copies in case he screwed one up. There are some nice DF ones done by Pablo Marcos, but I think the sketch was transferred to the comic and not done directly on it. They're around $100.00. Some of the others I've seen are pretty horrible to say the least. Ebas did one of the variants for issue #16, and it's pretty bad . Another problem is getting a high grade copy from Dynamite. I think they play frisbee with their comics before they ship them.

Pure speculation about the printing of marvel feature v2 issue 4 and 5

I have read that marvel printed the pence books early to ship over to uk

now if you look close at the 30 cent price varients you see that they are identical to the pence versions in the price area

So would it not be logical that they were printed at the same time ?

So they print a few thousand for uk a few thousand for california and other price increase areas and few more thousand more for mark jeweler near army bases then a bunch for everywere else ?

Now how do I find were these were printed other than printed in usa?

and print runs ?

Any ideas ?

Yeah, that's going to be tough to find out. Looking at my #4 now I see it says, Copyright 1976 Marvel Comics Group. A Division of Cadence Industries Corporation. Maybe start by doing a Google search there with Cadence Ind. Corp. Let me know what you come up with.

Interesting. So what happens when one cover is better than the other? Is the outer cover the one that counts? I was looking at a thread on here involving manufacturing errors. Printing errors are one thing, but some of the bindery errors were just insane. One comic even had a crossword puzzle book cover on it. There were some that even had two full comics inside. Mostly upside down and out of sequence pages though. Still, you would think quality control would catch most of that stuff, but to actually make it to the shelf is just crazy.