• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Red Sonja Fan Club
5 5

1,280 posts in this topic

Wizard are we the only red sonja fans on this site ?

Or the only ones stupid enough to post ?

All you have to do is read them to love them !

7 readers for 7 bucks

http://www.bipcomics.com/bip/listissues.cfm?searchfor=marvel+feature&view=4&RequestTimeout=1200&submit.x=34&submit.y=7

And just because you cant truse anybody ? some one got crazy with the paper cutter?

?

1335305748-10624-73.jpg

Edited by gyro-1

I wouldn't say we're the only ones, but definitely the biggest. If you want to rustle some jimmies start talking about the character of collectors who collect comics that feature men in tights. Like X-Men, Avengers, Batman, Superman, etc. Those are all keywords, and when someone does a search this thread will show up. Get ready for the flood. lol, just kidding folks. I love those books too.

On a relevant note, hitman just put up a beautiful #12 Red Sonja 9.8 WP on eBay.

Wizard are we the only red sonja fans on this site ?

Or the only ones stupid enough to post ?

All you have to do is read them to love them !

7 readers for 7 bucks

http://www.bipcomics.com/bip/listissues.cfm?searchfor=marvel+feature&view=4&RequestTimeout=1200&submit.x=34&submit.y=7

And just because you cant truse anybody ? some one got crazy with the paper cutter?

?

Nope, that's a factory defect. Look at my Marvel Team-Up #79. Same deal, although not as bad. The #13's suffered from this profusely. I've also noticed the lower staple on many of the #12's is a little odd as well.

I really thought the conan/ red sonja movie sucked but I had forgoten this poster

Now the question is why did I pay to go to this movie twice and buy it in vhs ?

OOO I forgot I also watched the movie on tv month ago ?

Think I need a full frontal lobotomy

http://movieposters.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=161237&lotNo=54392

Edited by gyro-1

It's a great poster though. The movie was lame, but I still watch it when it comes on. Never bought it though. Not a bad price for an original, but considering you can get a rolled reprint without the folds for about $4.00, you have a choice. I like some of the foreign versions too.

There's another eBay Red Sonja #1 9.8 White Pages up for sale. You think it will break the $255.00 set by the last one? I doubt it seeing as how our, "Man on a Mission" got the last one, and was going to get it no matter what. Since he has one now I doubt the competition will be as fierce. It's a great copy though, and I can see it hitting the $200.00 mark. There is a reserve, but it's already almost up to the one on Comic Connect. Which is not doing well at all.

I like #24 because it's her first full appearance, and she's on the cover. CGC is great for preserving pristine examples, but you have to have a reader copy as well. It's the stories that really count. Collect what you like. Don't worry about what's better or worse. As long as you have fun, and enjoy what you're doing. Welcome to the fold!

I've been collecting Red Sonja for years but just started to look for CGC items. In your guys opinion which is a better issue to get. Conan 23 or Conan 24. I just bought a Conan 24 9.6.

Welcome the the boards !! its a big site look around / have lots of fun and the 23 is the one to get !

Thanks guys! I agree I enjoy both reading and collecting. I'll go after Conan 23 to the to do list. I really want to get my Blank Red Sonja cover sketched soon, which might be my next move. Also gettting a 30 cent variant in higher grade. I have a few but all lower grade.

Don't know how much trouble this will get me in, but Paul Abrams did this for me about a year ago when I was in NY. He's the artist that used to do the old Hellina and Catfight cover for Lightning Comics. He said that with all the gloss on these #25 blank covers it's really difficult to do anything on them.

Photobucket

Well what a great day it is today!!!!

Now the question that keeps milions around the world awake at night is answered !

IS RED SONJA IN CONAN 33

I understand that some of you are non believers (Wizard ) But us true believers have proof !

Notice the costume !

129925.jpg.ce9e9356a245012d068142165504795d.jpg

Edited by gyro-1

Well what a great day it is today!!!!

Now the question that keeps milions around the world awake at night is answered !

IS RED SONJA IN CONAN 33

I understand that some of you are non believers (Wizard ) But us true believers have proof !

Notice the costume !

So is that the only page she is on? Does the question, "Where is Red Sonja?" get answered? Or do you have to wait until issue #43? Like so many mysteries, answering one question only leads to more questions! Actually this is pretty cool because I believe this issue is from 12/73, and that's why she still has the B.W. Smith attire. It would be a couple more months before Esteban Maroto would have submitted the notorious chain mail uniform she became famous for. Which appears in Savage Sword of Conan #1 for the first time on 8/74. Two months before Conan #43 on 10/74. So I'll agree that she is in issue #33, albeit briefly. Which is probably why she's left off of some list of appearances in Conan for #33. Great detective work, but keep in mind what you're looking at is a flashback from issue #24, "The Song Of Red Sonja". Where she and Conan try to steal a tiara, and it turns into a dragon. Reprinted many times.

Edited by wizardseye311

You did read the part where I wrote this didn't you?

"So I'll agree that she is in issue #33, albeit briefly. Which is probably why she's left off of some list of appearances in Conan for #33"

You have to agree she's not part of the story line like she is in issues 24, 43, and 44 etc. Banana dancing not withstanding.

There are more pictures of Captain America and Red Skull in Marvel Feature Vol. 2 #5 than there are of Red Sonja in Conan #33. Of course it's in a Twinkie ad or something like that, but would call that a Captain America appearance?

For the record, I never said she wasn't in #33. I said I didn't know if she was or not because some lists have it and some don't.

rantrant OVER!

Check this out. Some more Paul Abrams work. This is a signed print of a pin up he did for Savage Sword Of Conan #100. He still has the original, and offered to sell it to me, but I declined. Then, when I realized that I should have taken him up on it, he would not discuss the matter any further. Maybe he was offended that I didn't just take it when he offered, but who knows? Anyway, here it is.

Photobucket