• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Schomburg Covers
2 2

184 posts in this topic

Human Torch 2 was the first Schomburg cover comic I ever purchased and it will always hold a special place in my eyes :cloud9:

torch2-1.jpg

Me too. I had a copy for over thirty years. Sold it to Terry's Comics and bought another which I sold to Dave's American Comics.

I like some of the Cap covers and a few others better but it does have a special place.

I made a tiny edit correction. Sub-Mariner 18 was my first ever Schomburg comic. I bought an incomplete copy for $5 :o It had covers, 1st, 2nd wraps and the three nearest centerfolds.I still have it, but it has since donated it's centerfold to a CFO copy. My original Torch 2 resides in the Billy Parker collection (thumbs u

My copy had a piece missing from the cover and was missing a centerfold. Here is an old photo of it from 1964 with some of my other comics.

7765526872_66819d114c_c.jpg

man, oh man on the mm 7.

Thank you, Mr. Parker, you're a scholar and a gentleman. :hi:

Billy is a scholar's scholar and a gentleman's gentleman - wait! That's wrong ; he's a gentleman's gentleman.

Of course, that's not to say he isnt gentle! And he's a great father too - er, can I start again?

I love his airbrush covers! Are any originals known to exist?

3288427632_0bab329852.jpg

Sci Fi, Pulp & Comic Illustrator Alex Schomburg by Lloyd N Phillips (formerly Green Lantern2008), on Flickr

Some of his pulp and magazine covers are around, I think (Timely might have one...?).

I knew I recognized that artwork on the table - a cover recreation? from Everyday Astrology, December 1946. Schomburg meets Dali. There are a number of small illustrations and astrological charts (unsigned) that I believe AS does inside the issue as well. It's not a superhero or Dear Beatrice Fairfax, but one posts what one can.

EverydayAstrologyDec_zpsf3e8a515.jpg