• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bullets, Broads and Brubaker

80 posts in this topic

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

I just finished reading The Fade Out #2 and according to Brubaker's note in the letters section, Image will be reprinting the first 10 issues of Criminal on a monthly basis in the near future. Also, Brubaker wrote that there is some more Criminal news that can't be announced just yet hm

Great chance for new readers to discover Criminal :cloud9:

I just hope Sean goes back to painting his covers on board. His digital work is excellent but his acrylics and watercolor are phenomenal.

image_zps6635542e.jpg

I think that Ed had another Criminal story written (or at least scoped out) when his father died. His father's death inspired his last Criminal arc, Last of the Innocent., which it still think is his best work to date. I'm hopeful that when Sean has time again, we'll either see that arc or something even better.

I only really discovered Brubaker/Phillips in the last 12 months. Had been reading Fatale and really liked it, then chanced across Criminal in my local library. Read Coward, hooked.

Now bought and read the two Criminal deluxe HCs and the Incognito one. The Sleeper omnibus is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, and I think I'm going to have to check out Scene of the Crime too.

I don't think there's a better writer of dialogue than Brubaker at the moment.

Be careful reading scene of the crime. It's awesome, but some of the content can be a little uncomfortable. I lent it to Firefly and he had troubles.

I only really discovered Brubaker/Phillips in the last 12 months. Had been reading Fatale and really liked it, then chanced across Criminal in my local library. Read Coward, hooked.

Now bought and read the two Criminal deluxe HCs and the Incognito one. The Sleeper omnibus is sitting on my shelf waiting to be read, and I think I'm going to have to check out Scene of the Crime too.

Be careful reading scene of the crime. It's awesome, but some of the content can be a little uncomfortable. I lent it to Firefly and he had troubles.

How so? I'd never heard of it until this thread, but I found a set on eBay for cheap so I'll be reading it soon. I was sold when I saw Lark's name attached to it.

How so? I'd never heard of it until this thread, but I found a set on eBay for cheap so I'll be reading it soon. I was sold when I saw Lark's name attached to it.

It's hard to say without ruining the plot twist. I think it's awesome, but it touches on a couple of crimes that make me And made Julio feel a little uncomfortable.

:hi: dont see you post very often any more, good to see you :) Figures it would be in a Brubaker thread :D

Hey buddy. Been a crazy year with a couple of job jumps. Working at a mobile video game start up now, which had been awesome, but super busy. I swing by every couple of days to see if there's something interesting and to check pm's. Couldn't help but be excited about brubaker!