• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bullets, Broads and Brubaker

80 posts in this topic

Anyone read "At The Seams"? Wikipedia has it as the earliest…

Pajama chronicles came out a bit earlier ...

http://www.lambiek.net/artists/b/brubaker.htm

Haven't read at the seams. Lowlife is interesting at times and slow at others.

Yea I saw that when I looked up Pajama Chronicles… odd how wrong Wikipedia is though.

hm thats interesting.

I notice the census is updated and has 1 9.6 SS

Screenshot2014-10-19at33641PM_zps8f1931a2.png

I know it was just updated because it is my book. I'm guessing muhahhaha

hm thats interesting.

I notice the census is updated and has 1 9.6 SS

Screenshot2014-10-19at33641PM_zps8f1931a2.png

I know it was just updated because it is my book. I'm guessing muhahhaha

I'll just have to settle for owning the cover ;-) Ed even drew it :-)

It's on my caf page. Just look for Ryan Maddux on CAF

You shouldn't own the OA and not the only SS slab :baiting:

That would just be too selfish of me. I'd feel a lot better is my buddy Alex had a momento of one of the worse comics I've ever read :-)

Pajama Chronicles was actually pretty horrible. It's part of the reason I love it so much. You see some of the voice that's to come, but it's just not that good. Still, it's a great reference when reading his new stuff. Ed brubaker, Jonathan hickman, and Matt Kindt are writing my favorite stuff these days and I greatly enjoy taking a look at their first stuff on occasion because it really shows how writing is a skill that's developed, not some gift that's bestowed on the lucky. These guys wrote a lot of bad pages before they wrote good pages and wrote a lot of good pages before they wrote great pages.

:hi: dont see you post very often any more, good to see you :) Figures it would be in a Brubaker thread :D

Hey buddy. Been a crazy year with a couple of job jumps. Working at a mobile video game start up now, which had been awesome, but super busy. I swing by every couple of days to see if there's something interesting and to check pm's. Couldn't help but be excited about brubaker!

That's great, congrats! Yah, brubaker and rucka are my 2 favs, I'll jump into any book or thread :) that's about either of those two.

lol

that's pretty neat, never even heard of it before. How many Fatale covers do you have? I know you had 1A and 4, did you have 1B as well?

lol

that's pretty neat, never even heard of it before. How many Fatale covers do you have? I know you had 1A and 4, did you have 1B as well?

I just own 4 now. Again, glad you're doing well!

:hi: dont see you post very often any more, good to see you :) Figures it would be in a Brubaker thread :D

Hey buddy. Been a crazy year with a couple of job jumps. Working at a mobile video game start up now, which had been awesome, but super busy. I swing by every couple of days to see if there's something interesting and to check pm's. Couldn't help but be excited about brubaker!

That's great, congrats! Yah, brusker and rucka are my 2 favs, I'll jump into any book or thread :) that's about either of those two.

You've read Gotham Central, correct? I only ask because I hadn't until recently. I was biding my time for a complete collection on eBay. I was ecstatic when I finally found it over the summer and it was an incredible read.

With all this Brubaker love, I'm actually tempted to pick it back up hm

That's great, congrats! Yah, brusker and rucka are my 2 favs, I'll jump into any book or thread :) that's about either of those two.

You've read Gotham Central, correct? I only ask because I hadn't until recently. I was biding my time for a complete collection on eBay. I was ecstatic when I finally found it over the summer and it was an incredible read.

One of the best books of it's time imo.

Gotham Central is the best police procedural comic I've ever read. Absolutely loved it.

I just finished the first issue… God damn Brubaker can write a story. I'm going to be thinking about that all morning. It is a shame I've got to run out now and can't finish the other three issues. The man has the ability to write with some real power. The pacing and all the stories weaved together are so compelling. I just want more.

He also planted seeds for what could make a great on going. Anyone know why there are only 4 issues of the book?

Last comment, it was strange to read 90s comics again. I rarely go back and read late 90s Marvels just because the quality wasn't great. Seeing WCW advertisement and Pay Per View ads was sort of strange.