• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Turnout time

171 posts in this topic

I'm sorry to be a newb and ask this which has probably been discussed. But I actually did search and didn't see any mention.

What is the turnaround time these days for getting a book graded? A friend of mine bought a really cherry condition set of Frank Miller Wolverines and wants to get them slabbed but is curious as to how long it will generally take. I know there is a fast track option, but not sure what the cost vs return rate is on that.

Thanks again for any feedback.

Official times and service rates here: http://www.cgccomics.com/services/Services.aspx

My experience is that the expedited option is worth the $$$ if you want the books back soon to sell. If time is of no concern - and I mean *no concern* - then go with standard service.

If you plan to sell them, also take into account the expected grades and if it's worth the $$$ if they come back 9.4 or lower. If you're not sure of their possible grades, post high-res pics in the grading section.

I'm sorry to be a newb and ask this which has probably been discussed. But I actually did search and didn't see any mention.

What is the turnaround time these days for getting a book graded? A friend of mine bought a really cherry condition set of Frank Miller Wolverines and wants to get them slabbed but is curious as to how long it will generally take. I know there is a fast track option, but not sure what the cost vs return rate is on that.

Thanks again for any feedback.

Check out this thread.

CGC Turnaround Time

Basically, assume roughly 4 months total time for a modern book.

Last I checked they were in the beginning of June. I called this morning but Nicole didn't have the invoice date for today's books yet. I have a modern SS submission that was received 6/26 that I'm hoping will be graded by the end of the month. :wishluck:

Last I checked they were in the beginning of June. I called this morning but Nicole didn't have the invoice date for today's books yet. I have a modern SS submission that was received 6/26 that I'm hoping will be graded by the end of the month. :wishluck:

Off the modern's I sent in I'm still waiting for an order that was submitted 5/24 at Phoenix ComicCon to them, but they don't acknowledge receiving them until 6/5. They have been in encapsulating for over a week now. So there turnaround time for moderns is around 90 days right now.

I received my three books submitted with my coupon (express coupon) in 18 business days. :sumo: So, I don't know what delays you guys are blitchin' about. :grin:

Although, I have an economy sub received by CGC on 4/5/12 that I am still waiting for . . . it was graded in August. Economy slabbing and shipping also seems to be slow. So I'd say 6 months economy turnaround is about right. :)

Submitted economy fast track and it was received by CGC on 8/9 - just got word that it should be encapsulated in the next day and will ship in the next couple days. So from them receiving to sending out looks to be about 40 business days (minus one holiday and a few convention Fridays). So looks to be almost double the estimated turnaround time. :eyeroll: